Waterfalls

Helga567

We are going on NCL. Debating on doing the Damajagua falls excursion with only waterfalls and no zip line. After reading a lot of posts and comments I am kind of nervous for it. We are a group in our twenties and aren’t a particularly athletic group. Can we do this or is it going to be too physically exerting? We don’t mind a little challenge, but it’s a vacation and we want to all enjoy our time. 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:17 PM, Helga567 said:

We are going on NCL. Debating on doing the Damajagua falls excursion with only waterfalls and no zip line. After reading a lot of posts and comments I am kind of nervous for it. We are a group in our twenties and aren’t a particularly athletic group. Can we do this or is it going to be too physically exerting? We don’t mind a little challenge, but it’s a vacation and we want to all enjoy our time. 

I think you'll be fine!  I just wrote a review about our experience if you didn't see it.  Or maybe it scared you more 😆.

There were people of many ages, sizes, and abilities in our group and we stopped frequently on the hike up to the falls, so I don't think anyone was struggling.  If you wear appropriate footwear (we wore water shoes with a decent sole and tread) the mud and rocks in the stream crossings are not a problem either.  

The experience takes about 2 hrs, so you'd still have plenty of time for relaxing after having a fun adventure!

On 1/8/2024 at 9:17 PM, Helga567 said:

We just did the falls last month there (so can't comment on the zipline portion of it). If you are interested, I did a complete review on here with tons of pictures. You can click HERE and it will drop you off at the page with it on there. You'll have to scroll down to find where it starts. We had a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

@mitsugirly I just read through your trip report and it was amazing! I loved all the pictures, and I'm even more excited to go than I was before! I have two questions for you. 1- What kind of camera did you use to take such amazing pictures in the water? and 2 - I wear glasses - can't do contacts. I would absolutely need them on the way up, and in between falls on the way down. Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe either a waterproof belt bag or chums if I can leave them on or maybe even an around the neck type phone holder - but just for my glasses? Maybe you can only answer the 1st question...and that's ok too. 🙂

1 hour ago, cruising_rocket_scientist said:

@mitsugirly I just read through your trip report and it was amazing! I loved all the pictures, and I'm even more excited to go than I was before! I have two questions for you. 1- What kind of camera did you use to take such amazing pictures in the water? and 2 - I wear glasses - can't do contacts. I would absolutely need them on the way up, and in between falls on the way down. Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe either a waterproof belt bag or chums if I can leave them on or maybe even an around the neck type phone holder - but just for my glasses? Maybe you can only answer the 1st question...and that's ok too. 🙂

Aww thanks so much. 

We have Olympus Tough TG 6 cameras (2 of them) and a GoPro Here 10 Black we used for the waterfalls. 

Sakari wears glasses (has yet to learn to put her contacts in) and the tour operators held them while she did the sliding and then would hand them back to her in between and during the walks. No problems at all. No worries. 😄