Wine kept?

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

The Chilean Chardonnay was the only house white I liked and the Shiraz was passable for red. We did enjoy the cava as well, it was perfectly decent.

The drinks package was fine for the odd lemonade or beer through the day or glass of house wine. As I said to Jean we got most value from the 50% discount off full bottles of wine.

Tried the house spirits and they were not quite to my taste. My sister liked the Irish cream which she said she prefers to Baileys as it was less sweet.

Wines by the glass were strange, with some bottles being fine and others of the same type of wine were awful.  The Sauvignon blanc was fine in the buffet or at lunch on the downstairs MDR, when we often did not have alcoholic drinks anyway with being on the ship for a month.  Wines we were given with dinner in the upstairs MDR were generally pretty awful, yet new bottles has been opened - perhaps a storage issue.  The cocktails of the day were mostly ok, so we had one of those most days.  We found spirits ok with a glass of orange juice, or sometimes with diet Pepsi and also the Irish Cream, which we found better than one we had had on previous cruises.  We did not drink much and would not have paid the full drinks pack price of £24.95pppd, though with lots of sea days in a hot climate it was worthwhile at half that cost, but our cruise price was high when that offer was on, as Fred does. We had some non package drinks, but not often.

Drink prices rising a fair bit onboard, but still cheaper than P&O in Sept.

We booked about four visits to Colours and Tastes pre cruise and ended up changing the dates for all of them for various reasons, but they still honour the price of £10pp.  The bookings can also be cancelled with no charge.  We have given up Vasco as far too spicy for me to eat at night, or I would not sleep.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1