3 in a cabin?

pricer

Am thinking of a coastal cruise on the Sapphire Princess. My wife and I have cruised Princess before so we are aware of the size of the cabins. This time our daughter may go with us. Can anyone tell of their experience with 3 people in a cabin. Do they all have the drop down bed? Is it impossibly cramped or can we make due as long as we realize ther won't be a lot of space? Thanks for any info

For inside/outsides/balconies - it will drop down from the ceiling/wall.

For minisuites - it would be the sofa that opens up to a bed.

If you can swing it - I would go with the minisuite. Much more room for 3 in the room.

Three in a cabin is fine!

Our third person is our 13-year-old son. He doesn't have a ton of clothes, he doesn't spend hours in the bathroom. He's been on 9 cruises with us, since he's been born, and we've never had a problem.

Of course, with a girl, things could be different...

Joan

We've done 3 many times with our son (who is now 9). The mini-suites are perfect, he even gets his own TV! Have also done 3 and even 4 in an inside cabin. Two adults and a child are fine, but when we took my adult son making a total of 4 it was a little crowded!

As you probably know, not all cabins can accomodate 3 or 4 passengers. When you book the cabin your TA will check to ensure that the one you book can hold a third passenger for you. Are you thinking about the Sapphire LA to Vancouver May 13th? If you are, join our roll call via the link in my signature.

We had 3 adults in a BA balcony on Caribe on the Golden in Sept 04 and I didn't find that we were bumping into each other at all... I slept in the pull down bed and I thought it was very comfortable and roomy... Pleanty of room to sit up in bed without bumping your head!!

Last year on the Diamond one family in our group did 3 in an inside cabin...mom, dad, and their 16 yr old daughter. It worked out fine, they had enough room and the bed from the ceiling was comfortable. They only bring it down at night when they do the turndown so during the day you don't know the difference. As another poster said, make sure you get a cabin that will accommodate 3 or 4, but other than that, I would go for it! :)

I was a little disappointed. We were told that the two bottom beds could still go together as a double and there would be a drop down for my son. Instead, we found our cabin (balcony) had only one stationery bed and the rest were drop down. They were all secured to the walls so the bottom two would not go together. the only plus was that we had lots of space when the beds were up in the walls. The stationery bed was a couch during the day.

On previous cruises, we have done mini suites where there is a couch that becomes a bed for the thrid (or even fourth). Lots more room. Next time we'll go back to that.

Susan

I was a little disappointed. We were told that the two bottom beds could still go together as a double and there would be a drop down for my son. Instead, we found our cabin (balcony) had only one stationery bed and the rest were drop down. They were all secured to the walls so the bottom two would not go together. the only plus was that we had lots of space when the beds were up in the walls. The stationery bed was a couch during the day.

This layout is only on the Sun class ships (Sun, Dawn, Sea Princess).

It is different on the Grand class ships.

this photo is from an inside cabin on Caribe on the Sapphire. There are two pull down beds that the steward will prepare while you're at dinner. You just have to be careful with the ladder. Also if you want to watch the TV, you might have to sit in a specific place -- the view may be blocked on one or two of the beds if you're lying down.

bunkbed.jpg.c478f70e6ed89662e282bd1938abf8ec.jpg

I have an outside cabin, for three, but I'm on a waitlist for a balcony cabin, so maybe my son could sleep on the balcony (only kidding!). Perhaps we should have paid for a mini-suite, but it was much more expensive in the UK.

Anyway, whatever cabin we end up with, we'll be thankful for the hoilday and enjoy it. ;)

Archived