SDP additions pre-cruise vs. onboard

We are being offered the option to buy two additional Specialty meals for our upcoming cruise for $82 per person. Naturally, we'd have to pay this before boarding.

How does this compare to the price if purchased onboard? Or is it even possible to purchase additional meals onboard?

We have $100 of Shareholder OBC to blow (I mean spend), but by definition, OBC must be used onboard. It seems like additional Specialty meals would be a good option.

29 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

We are being offered the option to buy two additional Specialty meals for our upcoming cruise for $82 per person. Naturally, we'd have to pay this before boarding.

How does this compare to the price if purchased onboard? Or is it even possible to purchase additional meals onboard?

We have $100 of Shareholder OBC to blow (I mean spend), but by definition, OBC must be used onboard. It seems like additional Specialty meals would be a good option.

It would be $99+20% grats = $118.80 per person on board. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

before i would buy any additional meals, i would look at the length of the cruise, and the actual menu prices at the specialty restaurants. if there isnt a great difference in the prices listed and the cost off the specialty restaurants, i might pass on the offer.

that being said, we're on a 17 day cruise from rio to lisbon. we get 3 free dinners just from buting the cruise, and an additional 2 dinners as diamond level. ok that accounts for 5 days out of 17.

what about the next 12 days, you might ask? since we couldnt envision eating for 12 nights at either the buffet, the mdr's or the chinese restaurant, although it was a little costly, we bought an additional 5 meal person package. Now 10 nights are covered, my wife LOVES le bistro, i'm gung ho for Cagneys,

and i can live with the 7 nights at the mdr or buffet.

• Like 1