Hope X will not follow Royal C with mega mega

hcat

It's a good thing that we have more than one cruise line. We have choices. Some don't like big ships, others don't like small ships.

Some people don't drink, smoke or want any changes to their cruise line.

Some don't like the MDR and others never go to the buffet. Food is very subjective. Others say drinks and Specialty Restaurants are over priced.

There is no one cruise line that will satisfy everyone. There is no one cruise line that has the best\cheapest price. 

Some will never cruise any other line other than the one they tried the first time.

That's what we call choices! We sure must all be glad we have choices.

Happy Cruising! 

• Thanks 1

While the Icon is very nice -- and those chairs in their Infinite Veranda rooms are better than Celebrity, I would never go on a ship that size. I love the RCL family, but Navigator of the Seas was enough for me. I'm not interested in the other stuff, or a ship of that size.

On 1/25/2024 at 11:42 AM, Moby Jones said:

We were onboard Beyond last week. We moored next to Icon in Nassau. This is a picture taken on the day from a drone.

We also drove over to Atlantis. From the bridge you could see these two ships with an MSC and Carnival ship to the other side of Beyond. From that distance you could really appreciate just what a Behemoth Icon really is compared to more regular sized vessels. 

I know there are many wannabee snooty types that look down their noses at the RCL mega ships, but it really is a triumph of engineering. 

I wonder if future ships will ever exceed 300,000 tonnes? 

Beyond Icon.jpg

Appreciate your post.

Just looking at the picture I saw myself now on the left, and the weight I should be on the right. LOL (Please accept my light-hearted attempt at humor).

Edited by SouKnoMe