11:50am Debarkation Day Flight Seattle-Eurodam

Forgive me for asking, but I can’t seem to find HAL specific info on this.

I know the guideline for flights home on debarkation day is usually 12p or later.

On our debarkation day from the Eurodam at Seattle, there’s an 1150am flight or we can’t get out on anything but a red eye, which would be a huge hassle.

While we’ll do the port luggage thing for our checked bags, we have CPAPs and carry ons that will need to be lugged around until we leave.

We have Pre-check and I did book the port to airport shuttle with HAL.

Is it possible to debark and get to sea-tac in time for an 11:50 flight or are we stuck until late at night?

I tried asking our HAL associate, but he hasn’t answered.

Thank you for your patience with this newbie.

If I recall correctly, you can't "do the port luggage thing" on flights prior to noon. You'll have to check your own bags at SeaTac. I would use Seattle Express from the port to the airport, but that's just my opinion. We've had great, fast service with them. Since you have Precheck, 11:50 shouldn't be a problem. Without Precheck, I wouldn't do it. SeaTac can be a nightmare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why not just take a taxi from the cruise port to the airport? That way you can easily depart as soon as you exit the building. Also, if you self disembark, handling your own luggage rather than depending on the porters, you can be among the first passengers off the ship, ensuring a speedy arrival at the airport in time to check your bags, go through security, and catch your flight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Per Holland America and booking flights with them, flights are from 11:00 am on disembarkation day so 11:50 is more than do able. I know last year we did the luggage direct and had HAL transfers and we were at the airport at 9:15 and we were not on the first bus to the airport. We had to sit around for a couple of hours, then Delta let us around 11 for our 4 something flight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We use Luggage Direct out of SeaTac (love the waived fee) and the ship transfer for flight before noon - so far has not been an issue. We did this as recently as May 6, 2023 from Eurodam. 

• Thanks 1