Newbie questions

I have a couple of questions, any help will get greatly appreciated. 

With the in room bar set up, is it possible to have a bottle of champagne instead of a spirit or wine?  I didn't see it listed on the menu I saw in a YouTube video.

Also, is it one choice per person or per cabin?

Are there any complimentary exercise, yoga etc classes?

Many thanks in advance.

I travel solo and am ex crystal and now Silversea.  Every night Silversea hosts a meetup for solos then dinner plans can be made with the solo group or whatever you choose.

Does Explora have anything in the evening for solos? Basically, how does Explora cater for their solos? I know they have a coffee chat meetup in the middle of the morning but anything in the evening?

TIA😀

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 3:34 AM, breadandbutter said:

I have a couple of questions, any help will get greatly appreciated. 

With the in room bar set up, is it possible to have a bottle of champagne instead of a spirit or wine?  I didn't see it listed on the menu I saw in a YouTube video.

Also, is it one choice per person or per cabin?

Are there any complimentary exercise, yoga etc classes?

Many thanks in advance.

Rather than starting a new post thought I would add to your topic as I also have a newbie question😀

57 minutes ago, Redrob123 said:

I travel solo and am ex crystal and now Silversea.  Every night Silversea hosts a meetup for solos then dinner plans can be made with the solo group or whatever you choose.

Hi Redrob, I was very impressed with how Explora has a dedicated host for various groups (singles, non-English speakers, LGBTQ+, etc), and makes a great effort in that respect.  They have single events on the schedule, and similar to the lines you are used to it is seems easy to mix with other people apart from what the line organizes.  Can’t speak directly to the experience as a single traveler, but from our December cruise I observed they make a good effort.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:34 AM, breadandbutter said:

With the in room bar set up, is it possible to have a bottle of champagne instead of a spirit or wine?

Hi B&B, what we found in a basic OT1 was they were happy to stock to your request; would be surprised if they would not stock with a Moët bottle as your wine choice (although it is not on the list, but we requested “off-list” and had no problem).  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

Hi Redrob, I was very impressed with how Explora has a dedicated host for various groups (singles, non-English speakers, LGBTQ+, etc), and makes a great effort in that respect.  They have single events on the schedule, and similar to the lines you are used to it is seems easy to mix with other people apart from what the line organizes.  Can’t speak directly to the experience as a single traveler, but from our December cruise I observed they make a good effort.

Hi B&B, what we found in a basic OT1 was they were happy to stock to your request; would be surprised if they would not stock with a Moët bottle as your wine choice (although it is not on the list, but we requested “off-list” and had no problem).  

Thank you so much for your reply re solos.  Makes me more interest to possibly explore their itineries.

• Like 1

The in room set up comes via a list from your cabin steward. They didn’t have much that appealed to me so I opted for wine, what I asked for didn’t appear and was a random bottle instead. Champagne was not an option although I know someone who asked for managed to get one on the lowdown! I’d say don’t count on it. If you do a back to back you only get the set up once (veuve etc).

They definitely had a few solo events, and they’ll pounce on you during boarding if you’re solo. I didn’t go so can’t comment on quality.

In terms of free exercise, there’s yoga at the start/end of each day which was excellent. There are also some short HIIT classes during the day using the technogym equipment. The studio is pretty small so if you’re keen make sure to get there a bit early. Enjoy! 

I have found the wines a singular disappointment.  I am usually pretty easy with wines, but found most of the reds undrinkable. Only the Cab tasted decent.  Tried the Gruner on the white list -- hard to find a poor one -- but Explora did.

We had the champagne set up in our cabin without any request, though it’s possible the TA did the request.  Certainly should be possible though as we were in the most basic cabin!  Frankly, with free drinks (including champagne) everywhere on board I don’t know who uses the alcohol in the cabin, unless you have a big suite and are entertaining others there or something.  I did meet one man on board who liked to have a special kind of liqueur with his BREAKFAST (!),  so it made sense for him.