Clothing for Western Mediterranean December cruise

My husband and I have booked MSC World Europa Western Mediterranean cruise for the middle of December 2024. We have always done warm weather cruises.  For anyone that has done a western med cruise in winter months, what type of clothing did you pack? I have an idea what to pack for sea days. My question is, what to pack for port days.

TIA!

I'd have a look at the weather averages.  That will tell you how many layers to pack.  Almost anywhere in December, I'd bring ear muffs, fuzzy scarf and gloves.  I start with a silk turtleneck and build: polo shirt, fleece vest, jacket or heavy cardigan, windbreaker w/hood, long jacket/coat w/hood.  I'd bring whichever long jacket/coat will keep me warm at the predicted temps.  I always travel with a soft backpack and all this stuff can get rolled up and stashed if it's warm enough.  I've travelled all over with this formula and have yet to be uncomfortable.

• Like 1

We sailed the Med in December once, and we have also been there in October and November.  

In December we never needed heavy warm clothing.  At most we wore a light jacket or hoody.  I wore capris and my husband wore shorts.  We spent several days in Rome and Florence before our cruise and were very comfortable in those clothing choices for on land and on the cruise.   I will say, we are Canadian so are used to cooler temperatures at times. Coming from Florida you may find it very different.   Probably think layers, so you can add or subtract as needed.

• Like 1