Visas for US Citizen on Queen Mary 2, Dubai to New York, Leaving April 7, 2024

Visa Questioner

Hello, 

I am a US citizen sailing on the Queen Mary 2 out of Dubai on April 7, 2024 for New York. Much of the information I have found regarding visas for this sailing is vague or contradictory.  I'd be very appreciative if cruisers with recent experience of obtaining visas for Oman and Jordan could help me with some information.  Thank you in advance. 

1) My information is that Cunard obtains the passenger visas for Jordan.  Question: Is there anything passengers need to do in advance to support Cunard's effort to obtain these visas?   

2) I am going through VisaCentral to obtain my Oman visa in advance of the cruise.  Question: How long from the date of issuance does the Oman visa expire?   

In addition to answers to these questions, I'd be interested if any cruiser has tips or advice on obtaining visas for Oman and Jordan.  

Many thanks,

David C 

5 hours ago, Visa Questioner said:

2) I am going through VisaCentral to obtain my Oman visa in advance of the cruise.  Question: How long from the date of issuance does the Oman visa expire?   

Information from the Oman government evisa website FAQ page.

Depending on how the Red Sea situation develops in the future, we might not need to apply for those visas.

oman visa.png

• Like 1

If you know a good travel agent/advisor, I’d look to transfer your booking to that person for guidance. Especially with potential cancellations and changes due to world events, you may want someone paid to be in the know to help you. Your voyage doesn’t seem like a routine Caribbean cruise. 

3 hours ago, Visa Questioner said:

Many thanks for the excerpt from Oman's website FAQ page!  

Point well taken regarding the problems in the Red Sea.  If the cruise is to be cancelled, I hope we will be given notice well in advance.   

A bit puzzled. If a ship is in Indian Ocean and needs to get to Southampton for a next trip, there is no option to cancel. They just need to take a different route. How could they cancel?

14 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

That different route might not involve Dubai. 

Oh!! Should have checked that. We have a daily flight to/from there, and I take photos of it now and again. But I can't really understand why anyone would want to go there unless they had a tax free employment contract. Even then I would never have considered it.

11 hours ago, D&N said:

Oh!! Should have checked that. We have a daily flight to/from there, and I take photos of it now and again. But I can't really understand why anyone would want to go there unless they had a tax free employment contract. Even then I would never have considered it.

See how QE2 is?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

See how QE2 is?

Not really interested. If she was still crossing the Atlantic I would be.

Hotels are better purpose built for that use.

There's plenty of recent photos and videos online.

• Like 1