Princess port schedule

gianmatt

If my Princess itinerary says it will be in Ketchikan from 10 AM to 6 PM, what does that mean in practical terms?  The boat docks at 10? I'm basically asking what is the earliest excursion time I can book, given that I have to get off the ship.  Are cruises ever late to port?

You can verify the location of ship and schedule here. Cruise Ship Schedule Calendar Combined Ports (claalaska.com). If Princess tour whatever they say. If on your own verify location of pickup then take 10 am add 30 for ship being late then add what it takes to get to meeting point. Then verify how long tour is, how long it takes to get back and plan to be back at 5 pm for extra cushion. If tender never mind as you never know. Often non Princess providers will know more about your tour times than you do. 

I would say 10:30. Sometimes there is a walk from where the ship docks to the meeting place.

Yes, ships can be late, especially in September time frame. Though - make sure your tour guide knows what ship you are on. So if your ship is late, they will know. I don't know what excursion you are on but most likely there will be others on your tour from your ship. The tour operators are very familiar with ship schedules.

I ended up picking a tour that starts at 1:30 and ends at 4, so that's safe.  It's not a Princess excursion, but it meets at the Visitors' Center near the ship.  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, gianmatt said:

I ended up picking a tour that starts at 1:30 and ends at 4, so that's safe.  It's not a Princess excursion, but it meets at the Visitors' Center near the ship.  Thanks!

Which tour?

It's a small tour given by some locals, called the "Over The Top" tour. They drive you around to hit the high points, and they know the history of the town.  It looked like fun and it's not expensive.  For us, it will work.

• Like 1