Hidden Gems Tour

BahamaMama1214

Is there anyone who has done the Hidden Gems tour that can let me know how physically demanding it is? We have a member in our party that has recently had an injury. Were there times to rest or were you just going the whole time? How difficult is the terrain? What kind of activity level do you think is necessary for this to be enjoyable?

49 minutes ago, BahamaMama1214 said:

Is there anyone who has done the Hidden Gems tour that can let me know how physically demanding it is? We have a member in our party that has recently had an injury. Were there times to rest or were you just going the whole time? How difficult is the terrain? What kind of activity level do you think is necessary for this to be enjoyable?

The summer tour? What kind of injury? It is on somewhat rugged wet terrain. They should not have major mobility issues. Hiking, snorkeling and cliff jumping. Explore a cave. They would not have to Snorkel or cliff jump but moderate hiking is necessary. They provide a backpack with supplies they will have to carry. It is a high activity tour. 

Edited by Charles4515

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The summer tour? What kind of injury? It is on somewhat rugged wet terrain. They should not have mobility issues. Hiking, snorkeling and cliff jumping. They would not have to Snorkel or cliff jump but hiking is necessary.  

Yes, the summer tour. By the time we're in Bermuda, they'll be about 7 months out of a surgery for a torn ACL. Swimming and snorkeling will be ok. Walking should be fine, but I wasn't sure how difficult the terrain would be and how long the hiking/walking was without breaks

6 minutes ago, BahamaMama1214 said:

Yes, the summer tour. By the time we're in Bermuda, they'll be about 7 months out of a surgery for a torn ACL. Swimming and snorkeling will be ok. Walking should be fine, but I wasn't sure how difficult the terrain would be and how long the hiking/walking was without breaks

Ugh. I think it takes a year to recover from that surgery. I had a couple of friends who had torn ACL. They could re-injure themselves. They should consult with their Doctor. 

• 1 month later...

I haven't done the tour however I have watched people jump off the "cliff" ( really a large rock) in Tom Moore's Jungle. And hiked the area.

I think it is very interesting and worth the effort.

However, I don't think I would do this tour if I were still recovering from surgery.  Even if you got through it I don't think it would be enjoyable.

I participated in this tour a couple of years ago. Some of the cave terrain is uneven and odd stepping as well as cramped quarters. There are a couple of quick breaks between sights and standing while the guide discusses the area. IMHO I would not hesitate to do the tour again, however not while recovering from ACL surgery.