Shows to see and places to eat on scarlet lady

OBRN1

Hello. First time on Virgin. Just booked cruise last week. We leave next Friday. Nothing available to book on app for dinner or shows. Where can we go to book both of these things onboard. Should my husband go book dinners and me the shows? Will they let you on earlier than board time? We have a late board time 4:00. I hope things will be available, will they still be available that late? What places to eat are good and must see shows. Sorry for all the questions. Thank you so much for any advice. 

Hubby and I recently did a last minute VV also, and we had 4:15p boarding and all dinner reservations were already booked up.  Did you use a TA?  If so, I would ask them to try and book some dinner reservations for you.  My TA was able to book us into dinner each night even though the app was showing nothing for me.  

She also advised that even with our late boarding time, so show up around 3p because usually by then you'll be able to board regardless of your scheduled time.  We didn't show up until around 3:30, but she was right, we were able to walk right on at that time.

Once we boarded, we immediately sat down and were able to book shows and move our dining times around, and we even were able to still book the Grog Walk by then.  Many more dining times open up onboard and we were able to get into every restaurant we wanted at the time we wanted just by taking a few minutes upon boarding to get it all situated.  I was actually shocked at how much was still available that late in the day.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

NO ONE can book shows till after boarding.  Dinners--tons of additional openings on the app once you board AND at Razzle Dazzle on deck 5 where people will be available to assist you. We do just as you said--one of us makes any dinner changes while the other does activities.

4 pm boarding time, you can get on sooner assuming things are running normally.  Boarding starts at 1:30 with suites, and loyalty status boarding first.  If you arrive before your scheduled time, you will be placed in queues by scheduled time.  Then, when they have taken all those scheduled ahead of you, your line will board.  My suggestion--show up around 3.

Best way to get ship info quickly is to go to 

Where's Walter travel/virgin voyages will give you info about entertainment, ship tour, etc.  The above is his food video.  He is accurate with well done videos, not "Look at Me" videos.  There have been a very few changes since this video, but you'll get the idea and almost all is current,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

Hubby and I recently did a last minute VV also, and we had 4:15p boarding and all dinner reservations were already booked up.  Did you use a TA?  If so, I would ask them to try and book some dinner reservations for you.  My TA was able to book us into dinner each night even though the app was showing nothing for me.  

She also advised that even with our late boarding time, so show up around 3p because usually by then you'll be able to board regardless of your scheduled time.  We didn't show up until around 3:30, but she was right, we were able to walk right on at that time.

Once we boarded, we immediately sat down and were able to book shows and move our dining times around, and we even were able to still book the Grog Walk by then.  Many more dining times open up onboard and we were able to get into every restaurant we wanted at the time we wanted just by taking a few minutes upon boarding to get it all situated.  I was actually shocked at how much was still available that late in the day.

Good luck!

Any recommendations on what restaurants to focus on eating at? How is the test kitchen? Any specific shows to see? Thank you. 

A menu in Test Kitchen is ok.  B menu is "Never again" in my book.

Our favorites--Extra Virgin, Pink Agave, Razzle Dazzle old dinner menu (don't like the new dinner menu nearly as much).  The Wake when the service and food are good--we've had good and bad there.  Gumbae is OK...not as good as real Korean BBQ in Asia, but ok.  Rates higher than The Wake when wake is bad!

All Diva shows depend on how good the Diva is.  If you are on with Carlos, go to EVERY show!  Dual Reality is impressive gymnastics.  Dance thing....if you are into that.  Fancy is also a see it once to see what it is about.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

What shows does the Diva appear in?

I believe anything with the Diva will have "Diva" in the title, such as "Around the world with the Diva", or "Bingo with the Diva".

Edited by CineGraphic

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

What shows does the Diva appear in?

CineGraphic basically answered it.  In addition to those mentioned, there were a couple of game shows hosted by the DIva; the description in the app said "Diva."  These were the coffee and the smoothie game shows (sorry don't remember the real names).  Sometimes another cast member will do one of the shows, in which case the name will change to "Bingo with the Hostess" or "Bingo with the Happenings Cast". The show will be very similar but without the Diva, so no drag.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:01 PM, OBRN1 said:

Any recommendations on what restaurants to focus on eating at? How is the test kitchen? Any specific shows to see? Thank you. 

My favorite restaurant on board is Extra Virgin, I have it booked twice on my next sailing.  Also really enjoy Pink Agave and the Wake (when it's having an "on" night).  Love the Wake's brunch, too.  Test Kitchen is hit or miss depending on the night's menu.  I like Menu A (mushroom as the first course), and really dislike Menu B (corn as the first course).

Shows - Duel Reality is great, and anything with the Diva.  My first sailing I went to Ship Show and left after 10 minutes because I thought it was terrible, but the acts change and I've heard the style has also changed.  Ship Show includes a meal, but I would advise to eat before you go.  I saw Ships in the Night on my last sailing and it was....weird.  Can't say I liked or disliked it, it was just odd.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2024 at 11:15 AM, OBRN1 said:

Hello. First time on Virgin. Just booked cruise last week. We leave next Friday. Nothing available to book on app for dinner or shows. Where can we go to book both of these things onboard. Should my husband go book dinners and me the shows? Will they let you on earlier than board time? We have a late board time 4:00. I hope things will be available, will they still be available that late? What places to eat are good and must see shows. Sorry for all the questions. Thank you so much for any advice. 

Since all the eateries are included, I recommend eating at all the restaurants that require a reservation, The Wake, Extra Virgin, Gunbae, Test Kitchen, Pink Agave, Razzle Dazzle, and you'll get to taste everything.  These restaurants only serve dinner, except The Wake and Razzle Dazzle, which serve breakfast and brunch.  You can make reservations onboard throughout the week.  People change their plans all the time.

If you see a show you might like, reserve it.  It may only be performed once during your cruise and you won't want to miss it.