Great Stirrup Cay Villas: Lagoon or Ocean?

Hello Hive Mind,

We are stopping at Great Stirrup Cay on our next cruise. Last year we rented a Lagoon Villa at Silver Cove and it was amazing! Planning on renting another Villa again but wondering if anyone has any preferences or insights on the differences between the Lagoon versus Ocean Villa. I thought the lagoon was ok...but wondering if the ocean ones are better in terms of the swimming.

TIA!

We had an ocean villa and we also waked to the lagoon and tried there:  they are very similar.   The lagoon was a bit more calm.  I’ll try and add some pictures from the ocean villa and its beach. 

IMG_7765.jpeg

IMG_7763.jpeg

IMG_7761.jpeg

IMG_7750.jpeg

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7752.jpeg

IMG_7749.jpeg

IMG_7748.jpeg

IMG_7754.jpeg

IMG_7753.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

Heading there ourselves for the first time next month. We have a large group of friends and friends of friends, so we booked the 2br lagoon villa. I've seen reports that they added an infinity pool closer to the lagoon side as well, not sure if there is one on the beach side too.

We were just there on Friday and there is in fact an infinity pool. We never made it there but they pointed it out to us when delivering our drinks.  We were in an ocean villa and it seemed to be all the way over on the far end of the lagoon villas. We had a great day there - enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deck boy Dave said:

Well I hope you are correct! I am just surprised no one has posted a pic of it, nor has NCL posted any promotional info about it.  

Perhaps it’s hard to beat Cococay’s pool, which is supposed to be the largest or something along that way open pool in the Caribbean.

Thank you other users for confirming the pool, interesting news! :classic_smile:

9 hours ago, ljrfrm said:

We were just there on Friday and there is in fact an infinity pool. We never made it there but they pointed it out to us when delivering our drinks.  We were in an ocean villa and it seemed to be all the way over on the far end of the lagoon villas. We had a great day there - enjoy!

Wow that’s great! Thanks for confirming it for us…

Also by “far end”do you mean near the Moet bar?

We prefer the Ocean villas.  We have had 2 ocean and 2 lagoon.

Pros of Ocean villa:

-water much nicer, no grass, no bad smell at times from low tide, clearer

-closer to food options

-service was much better for us

-closer to spa

-closer to other parts of the island(not that we ever left the area)

Cons of Ocean villa:

-a very long way from the pool

-villas smaller with no backdoor(not a big deal for us)

-a steeper walk to the water

-no anchored raft like in the lagoon

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies and insights! I did book an Ocean Villa just to do something different! I hope I made the right decision! There will be 4 of us.....we were definitely spoiled in the Lagoon Villa!

• Like 1