Norwegian European Cruise Ports?

Hi, it’s my first time going on Norwegian, and could someone tell me where exactly the cruise will be docking at each of these sights? And how to travel into the city and back to the ports? Thank you so much!

- Trieste, Italy

- Venice, Italy

- Koper, Slovenia 

- Split, Croatia

- Kotor, Montenegro

- Dubrovnik, Croatia

- Corfu, Greece

- Santorini, Greece

- Mykonos, Greece

- Athens (Piraeus), Greece

4 minutes ago, Melody Yu said:

Hi, it’s my first time going on Norwegian, and could someone tell me where exactly the cruise will be docking at each of these sights? And how to travel into the city and back to the ports? Thank you so much!

- Trieste, Italy

- Venice, Italy

- Koper, Slovenia 

- Split, Croatia

- Kotor, Montenegro

- Dubrovnik, Croatia

- Corfu, Greece

- Santorini, Greece

- Mykonos, Greece

- Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Trieste, Koper & Split you will dock in town and you can walk into the city. Depending on ship you will either have a 90-minute tender ride into Venice where it will drop you off at the old cruise terminal or you will have a two-hour bus or train ride from Trieste or Ravenna. Athens was many years ago, but I do remember a very long bus ride.

Ones we’ve done purely are:

Split - Ship docks near the old City. About 10-15 minutes walk.

Kotor - Even closer than Split. Dock is just across the road from town. There is only one berth though so you may tender. The tender is very short and drops you off at the same place.

Dubrovnik - Dock a couple of miles outside the Old Town. We have walked it, but there are shuttle buses (chargeable) and loads of taxis.

Corfu - Again a couple of miles away. There

are shuttles. I can’t remember whether they were chargeable, but I assume so.

Santorini - Can be a nightmare if there are multiple ships in port. Tender to the island then a cable car to Fira town. It can (and often does) take between 1 and 2 hours to queue for the cable car each way. You can avoid it in the morning by taking an NCL excursion which tenders you to another place to pick up onward transport, but avoiding the chaos is harder on your return. Check how many other ships are in port and do some research.

Mykonos - If you dock then it is about a mile from town but not an easy walk (no pavements on narrow roads. There is a shuttle and also a water taxi which is quite fun and cheap. If you tender then they drop you off in town.

Athens - You can get a train into Athens, but it can be quite a walk to the station (it’s a huge port so does depend which berth you are at). We’ve done that when visiting as a port of call, but wouldn’t with luggage. Lots of taxis and other transport is available. We have always used taxis if not walking to the station.

• Like 1

I recently embarked in Athens. Im looking at the same cruise, BTW. 

Athens is easy to get around. Are you spending any time in Athens, upon disembarkation? If so, I used "Welcome Pickups." You can schedule your pick up time, tell them the # of passengers and pieces of luggage. You will get a picture of your driver, as well. You can schedule the transportation to your hotel or lodging address and/or to the airport. 

Your biggest obstacle will be Trieste if flying in. Decide on if you plan on staying in actual Venice or Trieste. That will determine what you can do in terms of transport.