Norwegian Joy

kcool

Hello just wondering if anyone has stayed in an inside cabin on deck five below the smokehouse? Were there any noise issues? Thank you.

Edited by kcool

unless i'm mistaken (and i often am), the joy has a steakhouse, a brew house and a smokehouse.

not sure there is a roadhouse.

which would your proposed inside cabin be under? 

the smokehouse would be Q, the BBQ restaurant.

never had a room near there, but they do generally have a country trio in there for an hour or two during dinner. (there is a small stage.). sometimes, they will put on an afternoon show in there, like a broadway cabaret or musical revue. so there could be noise, i suppose, but nothing too bothersome or for too long. 

isn't the theatre right next door to Q? 

i'd be more concerned about noise from the theatre than from Q.

50 minutes ago, UKstages said:

never had a room near there, but they do generally have a country trio in there for an hour or two during dinner. (there is a small stage.). sometimes, they will put on an afternoon show in there, like a broadway cabaret or musical revue. so there could be noise, i suppose, but nothing too bothersome or for too long. 

I was recently on Deck 8 Fwd, above the theater.  Aside from a bit of bass bleed (nothing horrible) I'd never have known it.  Part of that was that I wasn't usually in my cabin until later in the evening, when shows were finished.

There used to be a Broadway revue back when they had the Footloose cast; that wasn't on my last sailing since Footloose was cancelled.  They may well have had some country music but it isn't my thing so I didn't take notice.  

To the OP, I guess my question would be "How often do you expect to be in the cabin?"  If you're going to spend evenings in your cabin, maybe you should reconsider your location.  But if you're out and about until 10:00-11:00, you should be fine.

Edited by phillygwm

6 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

But if you're out and about until 10:00-11:00, you should be fine.

yes, assuming that shows don't rehearse in off hours, as they have been known to do on some ships.

3 minutes ago, UKstages said:

yes, assuming that shows don't rehearse in off hours, as they have been known to do on some ships.

Yes, there are rehearsals but usually not at times most people would be in their cabins.  Again, if OP is a homebody who stays in the cabin a lot, maybe a different cabin is warranted.  If you're there to sleep and shower, I don't think it would be too horrible. 

Edited by phillygwm

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2024 at 4:27 PM, UKstages said:

When we were on the Joy two years ago the music from Q was so loud that we had a hard tine hearing what was going on in the theatre!  Who in their right mind would put two music acts side by side with probably just a thin wall between them?  Really poor planning!

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, bjtravelnews said:

When we were on the Joy two years ago the music from Q was so loud that we had a hard tine hearing what was going on in the theatre!  Who in their right mind would put two music acts side by side with probably just a thin wall between them?  Really poor planning!

I preferred the band in the Q. To each their own. Anything that drowns out Footloose works for me.

Edited by IAcruising

2 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

I preferred the band in the Q. To each their own.

I thought they were good, too.  And I don’t even like country music!  Made dining in Q fun and tasty!

Just now, graphicguy said:

I thought they were good, too.  And I don’t even like country music!  Made dining in Q fun and tasty!

Our Q country band was British! It was hilarious. Needless to say, they didn't know Sweet Home Alabama.  🤣

• Haha 1

We loved the Band in the Q last time we sailed on the Joy! American band that new all the country hits as well as some great classic Rock!

• Like 2