Excursions at Princess Lodges

Outerdog

Hello.

When can we expect to see excursions posted for cruise tour dates at Princess Lodges? We are booked for a May 2025 cruise tour. I expect its a little early, but I am seeing excursions for the usual SE AK ports posted already.

Also, any recommendations for excursions at Denali and McKinney lodges?

Thanks.

Edited by Outerdog

https://www.princess.com/ports-excursions/denali-princess-wilderness-lodge-excursions/

https://www.princess.com/ports-excursions/mt-mckinley-princess-wilderness-lodge-excursions/

by the time the excursions showed up on our personalizer the best ones were sold out!  If you see something you are interested in, call princess to see if you can book.

• Like 1

We have a cruisetour booked for late May/early June 2024. I keep track of the dates we book excursions and I booked ours as soon as they opened up in November. I can also tell you many have been sold out for awhile already and all of our excursions have increased in price from $10 to $50 per person, and this includes ship excursions as well as land/lodge excursions. 

My advice is to book early if there's something you definitely want to do. I check the Personalizer everyday to see when things open up and monitor price changes.  It sounds like Alaska bookings are strong for 2024 and some independent vendors are already taking reservations for 2025.

Good luck with your planning! To me it's half the fun of traveling 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarnia 432 said:

If you see something you are interested in, call princess to see if you can book.

Several months ago our Princess CVP called about something unrelated but while I had them on the phone I asked if they knew when our Alaska cruisetour land excursions would be available, because like the OP I was already seeing cruise excursions in the Personalizer. They told me to just keep checking online as Princess no longer had a dedicated shore excursion department. That shocked me but we've had the same CVP for years and I've no reason to doubt them.

I seem to recall, while staying at the Princess Wilderness Lodge, two years ago, we took a bus for free right from in front of the hotel to the dog kennel place.  At least I think it was free?