PG Suite 5001/5002 on QE/QV - Feedback?

NE John

Has anyone sailed in these forward PG suites? Any positive or negative first hand experiences?

The layout seems more “squarish” and open compared to the regular PG’s on Vista’s. 

44 minutes ago, D&N said:

Did you see this video of QE 5002?

Yes, thank you.
I moved switched suites because of this video. I trust I made a good decision. Being in Alaska and mostly Inside Passage, I hope the seas are pretty smooth knowing this is not the QM2 for stability. 

2 minutes ago, NE John said:

Yes, thank you.
I moved switched suites because of this video. I trust I made a good decision. Being in Alaska and mostly Inside Passage, I hope the seas are pretty smooth knowing this is not the QM2 for stability. 

I'd be surprised if you had any problem.

On Sun Princess in July 1998 it was grey and a bit choppy leaving Vancouver but no real movement on the ship. Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Glacier Bay were all smooth. Crossed Gulf of Alaska to College Fjord overnight. Next morning there were folk saying it had been a bit rough through the night. We had no idea what they were talking about, we didn't feel anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NE John said:

Has anyone sailed in these forward PG suites? Any positive or negative first hand experiences?

The layout seems more “squarish” and open compared to the regular PG’s on Vista’s. 

We've been in 5.001 and for us it was excellent.  We'd happily do it again anytime.

Pros

• Cabin size and layout.  Feels more spacious than regular PG cabins.
  • Forward looking window over the bow.  You can also peer around the balcony divider to see forward from the balcony.
  • End of hallway location is quiet (except for occasional crew using the deck 5 forward outdoor area during daytime).
  • Good wifi connectivity.  Access point is nearby in hallway.

Cons

• Mechanical noise from line equipment when docking.  You will definitely know when you have arrived in port in the morning.  We're early risers so are always up anyway.
  • Hull banging noises from the bow plates in moderate to heavier seas.  Can be disturbing at night.  Not a problem when seas are calm to moderate.
  • A lively ride in heavier seas, especially in the pitch axis.  Not a problem for me - I like being at sea - but I can understand how it might be an issue if susceptible to sickness. 
  • Curtains must be closed at night, and no lights outside on the balcony.  The cabin is forward of the bridge and you have to keep a darkened ship for bridge visibility.

Let me know any questions.

Edited by sfred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had 5002 during the covid trip of 2020, I blogged here 

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com/2020/03/our-visit-to-port-everglades-that-wasnt.html

with some pictures and subsequently on the preceding blogs about the parties I had in it. It was terrific and all my other friends in Princess were extremely jealous when comparing it to their own, so please don't tell anyone else about it. It has since been unavailable and is becoming too popular..

I didn't find a single con against the suite, I loved the fact that you could hear the thrusters in and out of port and also that you had a little more motion. The forward facing window was terrific and once I turned the lights out in the cabin at night I would open the curtains so that more often than not the sun would stream in early in the morning for a natural wakeup call. 

\

Best suite on the ship.....

3 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

I had 5002 during the covid trip of 2020, I blogged here 

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com/2020/03/our-visit-to-port-everglades-that-wasnt.html

with some pictures and subsequently on the preceding blogs about the parties I had in it. It was terrific and all my other friends in Princess were extremely jealous when comparing it to their own, so please don't tell anyone else about it. It has since been unavailable and is becoming too popular..

I didn't find a single con against the suite, I loved the fact that you could hear the thrusters in and out of port and also that you had a little more motion. The forward facing window was terrific and once I turned the lights out in the cabin at night I would open the curtains so that more often than not the sun would stream in early in the morning for a natural wakeup call. 

\

Best suite on the ship.....

I’ll keep this between us…I couldn’t believe it was still available for our sailing. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, D&N said:

Perhaps you need to exaggerate how much movement you feel in reports! 🙂

oh it was awful and because some kiwi had been in it before me I continually had people bothering me knocking on the door looking for the party and some of these people were officers!

• Haha 1