New to NCL, Getaway Questions

Hello, we booked The Getaway for April 7, a 12 day sailing. This will be our first time on NCL. Between CC, FB and Google I've been trying to answer most of my questions on my own. I can't find much information as to the entertainment. I realize it might change by April, but can anyone who has been on recently give me a run down? Or does anyone have images of the "Freestyle Daily"? We are curious about show times, are there repeats of shows, how often is there comedy, pianos etc? Is there bingo, trivia, corn hole tournaments, deck parties etc? Is there a lot of live music around the ship? How early do you need to get to events that you can't make reservations for in order to get in?

My boyfriend is also looking for MDR menu's which have been surprisingly hard to find. He also wants to know if the bake shop items complementary or is there a charge? Does the bake shop serve starbucks coffee? 

Any other tips, tricks or advice?

Thanks!☺️

I'm hoping someone will post dailies as well - we're on the April 19 sailing.  Bake Shop items are an extra charge. Starbucks is available in the atrium - also an extra charge. If your cruise is anything like previous NCL voyages, there should be quite a bit of music spread around the ship each night.  Bingo, parties, etc. will certainly be offered as well.  I highly recommend Broadway Unplugged if you see that as an option on your sailing.   

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SugarStar00 said:

Getaway for April 7, a 12 day sailing ... can't find much information as to the entertainment ... images of the "Freestyle Daily"? ... curious about show times, are there repeats of shows, how often is there comedy, pianos etc? Is there bingo, trivia ... tournaments, deck parties etc? ... live music around the ship?  How early do you need to get to events that you can't make reservations for in order to get in?

... looking for MDR menu's ... bake shop items complementary or is there a charge? Does the bake shop serve starbucks coffee? 

There are, reported & posted on a standalone site - updated 2024 NCL Dining menus for the MDR and Specialty Restaurants (although, I am seeing much change, if any, yet to specialty) ... expect a la carte prices to go up soon, with little to no advance notice as that's NCL's motto, to sail & sustain 🧓  -  https://profcruise.com/ncl-menus-2024/

These are not specific to the Getaway, rather used fleetwide on NCL ships, subject to provisions & availabilities, etc.  I just updated & added to the other "not semi-live" thread from a few weeks ago as the "search function" on CC isn't the best.  

See post below yours for some of the generic answers you are looking for.  NCL has been making entertainment changes for the past 6+ months, the major near/B'dway style production show(s) in the main theater are ending and/or changing, so anything you see now ... over the next 2 months might be gone or entirely different.  Game shows are rolling across the stage already on (other) ships in the fleet, like "The Price is Right" and "Wheel of Fortune" - being actively "chatted" here on CC.  

Depending on how full the ship is and the popularity of the specific (non-reservable) show and events, it's not uncommon for folks to show up 30, 45 to 60 minutes before the event, as doors open 15 to 30 minutes prior ... seating capacity is limited and even if you do get it, could be standing room only.  

Go to the mobile NCL App, which I assumed you've done so already ... as that it should serve as a useful tool & guide on how and where ... the digital online version of the FSD is posted/updated on the App, available once onboard.  

@TenForward  The 12 days and 10 days GA sailing to the Caribbean w the brief Bermuda stop are fairly similar with sea days between ports, Freestyle Dailies just about the same ... I believe other CC'ers recently on the Getaway had posted them - finding them again is the challenge ... 

Will use other A.I. tools including Bard (that's Co-Pilot on Microsoft's Window 11) to see what I can retrieve and post direct link here.  

Enjoy your cruise ... 

Edited by mking8288

7 hours ago, mking8288 said:

🧓

@TenForward  The 12 days and 10 days GA sailing to the Caribbean w the brief Bermuda stop are fairly similar with sea days between ports, Freestyle Dailies just about the same ... I believe other CC'ers recently on the Getaway had posted them - finding them again is the challenge ... 

Will use other A.I. tools including Bard (that's Co-Pilot on Microsoft's Window 11) to see what I can retrieve and post direct link here.  

Enjoy your cruise ... 

Much appreciated!  I've seen mention of posted dailies but have yet to find in searching the main form and Roll Calls.  Hoping they show up as we get closer.  

8 hours ago, mking8288 said:

finding them again is the challenge ... 

At the top of the topic list in the NCL forum is a drop-down with a list of the ships.  There are pre-configured searches to find all the topics mentioning the ship name.  Use that to narrow the list of topics you need to filter through.

As for the MDR menu - NCL has 21 menus, the head chef can pick any menus from that for which to provision the ship for the sailing.  There's no knowing which of those menus will be on that sailing (or on which day) until the menu is posted each afternoon.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mking8288 said:

There are, reported & posted on a standalone site - updated 2024 NCL Dining menus for the MDR and Specialty Restaurants (although, I am seeing much change, if any, yet to specialty) ... expect a la carte prices to go up soon, with little to no advance notice as that's NCL's motto, to sail & sustain 🧓  -  https://profcruise.com/ncl-menus-2024/

These are not specific to the Getaway, rather used fleetwide on NCL ships, subject to provisions & availabilities, etc.  I just updated & added to the other "not semi-live" thread from a few weeks ago as the "search function" on CC isn't the best.  

See post below yours for some of the generic answers you are looking for.  NCL has been making entertainment changes for the past 6+ months, the major near/B'dway style production show(s) in the main theater are ending and/or changing, so anything you see now ... over the next 2 months might be gone or entirely different.  Game shows are rolling across the stage already on (other) ships in the fleet, like "The Price is Right" and "Wheel of Fortune" - being actively "chatted" here on CC.  

Depending on how full the ship is and the popularity of the specific (non-reservable) show and events, it's not uncommon for folks to show up 30, 45 to 60 minutes before the event, as doors open 15 to 30 minutes prior ... seating capacity is limited and even if you do get it, could be standing room only.  

Go to the mobile NCL App, which I assumed you've done so already ... as that it should serve as a useful tool & guide on how and where ... the digital online version of the FSD is posted/updated on the App, available once onboard.  

Enjoy your cruise ... 

Thank you so much, I actually did read your review yesterday thank you for post it! I was wondering what room you had on that sailing as I also have an angled balcony booked. 

5 hours ago, hallux said:

At the top of the topic list in the NCL forum is a drop-down with a list of the ships.  There are pre-configured searches to find all the topics mentioning the ship name.  Use that to narrow the list of topics you need to filter through.

As for the MDR menu - NCL has 21 menus, the head chef can pick any menus from that for which to provision the ship for the sailing.  There's no knowing which of those menus will be on that sailing (or on which day) until the menu is posted each afternoon.

Thanks for that little tip about the search, I have never noticed that before!