Help me finalize private tours!

L1211

First time to the Mexican Rivera and  so excited.  Only three stops and working to finalize our tours.  I would love input!  

Cabo - we are in port from 7-2 only!  Thinking private two hour boat tour with a couple beach stops.  Looking at Kelly Boats- $400 for 4 people. If time, a quick walk about town.

Mazatlan- there 9-5. Looking to book The Fun Bus hop-on-hop-off - only $49pp so will be free using the NCL excursion credit with FAS.  Also considering Stone Island for a beach walk - thinking we can do both??  Have watched YouTube videos on getting there- interesting…

Puerto Vallarta- 7-7.  Considering booking beachfront hotel room for the day - would like a pool and beach.  Holiday Inn is $85. Hotel Tropicana about the same- anyone tried this?  Only need it for about 4 hours, but will require early check in.  Neither seem to sell day passes.

sapphire beach club is another idea- $20pp, had pool and beach.  

Will book massages at Metamorfosis spa- about $60 for 90 minutes and can book online - 4.9 on yelp- would love any personal experience!  Sure beats cruise spa prices…

poncho takos for lunch- my husband thinks I’ve lost my mind wanting to eat at this place- lots of YouTube videos and no one reports death or days in a bathroom… any personal experience eating and/or drinking non-bottled drinks in this port? 

Would LOVE any personal experience or recommendations!!  Thanks in advance!! Trip is March 10 on NCL Bliss, traveling with DH, DD and her friend - early 20’s.  Thanks!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 11:46 AM, L1211 said:

First time to the Mexican Rivera and  so excited.  Only three stops and working to finalize our tours.  I would love input!  

Cabo - we are in port from 7-2 only!  Thinking private two hour boat tour with a couple beach stops.  Looking at Kelly Boats- $400 for 4 people. If time, a quick walk about town.

I was just wondering...have you spoke with the people at Kelly Boats about the private tour? I have been talking to someone there (email) who is telling me I can design my own tour: we ask for the arch, whale watching and to go to a beach for awhile and back. They told us $79/pp for the entire tour (we have 4 people) and I have confirmed 3x the amount (because their website says per hour with a minimum of 2 hours to book) if it is per hour or total and they keep replying for the entire trip for a total of $316 total. So, I'm a little reserved about booking it and afraid of getting there and finding out that we owe more. 

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I was just wondering...have you spoke with the people at Kelly Boats about the private tour? I have been talking to someone there (email) who is telling me I can design my own tour: we ask for the arch, whale watching and to go to a beach for awhile and back. They told us $79/pp for the entire tour (we have 4 people) and I have confirmed 3x the amount (because their website says per hour with a minimum of 2 hours to book) if it is per hour or total and they keep replying for the entire trip for a total of $316 total. So, I'm a little reserved about booking it and afraid of getting there and finding out that we owe more. 

Interesting- Matt Nolan from Kelly Boats quoted me $79 pp for one hour private and $100pp for two hours.  $100 deposit to book by PayPal and $300 cash at the port.  

21 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Interesting- Matt Nolan from Kelly Boats quoted me $79 pp for one hour private and $100pp for two hours.  $100 deposit to book by PayPal and $300 cash at the port.  

Ok, Matt Nolan just clarified- $79 “collective” and $100 private PP for two hours- sound right? 

Nope, $79/pp for the entire trip. I confirmed again:  "Arch and whale watching tour (2 hours) plus beach time is 79 dls per peron the price is for the all toir not per hour… but don’t worry"   was the last email I received when I ask again this morning. So, I'm not sure what's going on. We told him what we wanted to see and do and designed our private tour. 

This makes me a little bit uncomfortable to say the least. 

He sent me another email saying "But if you want a paod $79 dls per person per hour is better fo me"

23 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

That should be fine. Last tender will be 12:00 or 12:30.

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Nope, $79/pp for the entire trip. I confirmed again:  "Arch and whale watching tour (2 hours) plus beach time is 79 dls per peron the price is for the all toir not per hour… but don’t worry"   was the last email I received when I ask again this morning. So, I'm not sure what's going on. We told him what we wanted to see and do and designed our private tour. 

This makes me a little bit uncomfortable to say the least. 

He sent me another email saying "But if you want a paod $79 dls per person per hour is better fo me"

Ha!  Confusing!  Any chance you’re on the Bliss?  We’re only in Cabo 6:45 - 2.  Any idea when all-aboard/last tender will be?  Need to book a time and realized I have no idea!  

26 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Ha!  Confusing!  Any chance you’re on the Bliss?  We’re only in Cabo 6:45 - 2.  Any idea when all-aboard/last tender will be?  Need to book a time and realized I have no idea!  

Not on the Bliss but I have been to Cabo a few times and last tender is usually around two hours before sailing. It also takes a while to get off the ship if your not on a NCL tour. 9-11 sounds about perfect if you're on a private tour. I am not a fan of NCL tours but sometimes will take one of theirs in Cabo because of time restraints.

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

We are on the Panorama with a port time of 10-7pm so a little more time than yours. 

So be back 2 hours ahead of sail away.. good to know yakcruiser!

@L1211 We ended up booking a private excursion with Kelly. I did a lot of reading reviews on TA and looking at their website and it looks like they have great reviews and they've been around for years. I wonder why they are not mentioned on here? I only found them because of a search where you mentioned them. Hopefully it works out good. If you use them, let me know how it goes. 

4 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

@L1211 We ended up booking a private excursion with Kelly. I did a lot of reading reviews on TA and looking at their website and it looks like they have great reviews and they've been around for years. I wonder why they are not mentioned on here? I only found them because of a search where you mentioned them. Hopefully it works out good. If you use them, let me know how it goes. 

I definitely will- found them in Yelp myself- excellent reviews.  I’m also on a Bliss Facebook page and a member who just returned told me last tender was 30 minutes before all-aboard.  It’s such a great port and we’ve never been- jealous of your schedule!

I just have to tell you, I a huge fan of your cruise reviews!! Have enjoyed them for years.  Here’s a HUGE  thank you.  I don’t scuba dive so you’ve shared parts of the world I’d not see otherwise.  So glad you are back cruising!!  

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

I definitely will- found them in Yelp myself- excellent reviews.  I’m also on a Bliss Facebook page and a member who just returned told me last tender was 30 minutes before all-aboard.  It’s such a great port and we’ve never been- jealous of your schedule!

I just have to tell you, I a huge fan of your cruise reviews!! Have enjoyed them for years.  Here’s a HUGE  thank you.  I don’t scuba dive so you’ve shared parts of the world I’d not see otherwise.  So glad you are back cruising!!  

Good to know they have good reviews on Yelp as well. I feel confident with my decision now. 

Aww thanks for being a fan. I try my best to give our experience hoping that it may help a few people out. I know when I go looking for things to do and places to book with, I am searching for PICTURES! LOL

We LOVE all the amazing things we have encounter while diving...even when my anxiety kicks in before it starts. 😄