Dubai Departures April 2024

Tallante

I’ve just seen on the Seabourn website that the 3rd April sailing from Dubai to Venice is now showing as  “sold out”, which when I looked at the options 2 days ago, there appeared to be plenty of availability through to Athens which is where we would have disembarked.   In addition the 18 and 36 day cruises from Singapore through to either Dubai or Athens are also shown as “sold out”.  The cruise from Athens on the 21st April is showing availability.

It appears that something is happening that Seabourn has not yet made passengers booked on these cruises aware of. 

• Like 2

Seabourn has blocked the sale of cruises from Singapore and Dubai in March/April for a few weeks now. Cruises from 21 April appear to be available to book at this stage. 

There is certainly something going on at Seabourn but nothing is released to guests yet.   Clearly they don’t want to accept new bookings on affected cruises. Anticipate cancellations and/or itinerary changes as Seabourn makes adjustments for Red Sea issues. 

There is much speculation in social media but no one outside Seabourn knows the plans yet. 

Carnival Corporation & plc Provides Update on Strong Bookings Momentum, Reroutes Red Sea Transits

MIAMI, Jan. 30, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) is committed to the safety and well-being of its guests and crew and has been actively monitoring the situation in the Red Sea and surrounding region. Given recent developments and in close consultation with global security experts and government authorities, the Company has made the decision to reroute itineraries for 12 ships across seven brands, which were scheduled to transit the Red Sea through May 2024.

I see that all sailing on Encore before AND after the Red Sea sailing (18-day starting on Apr 3) show as "SOLD OUT."

The April Mediterranean sailings on Encore were showing as available a few days ago.  

Seabourn needs to cancel at least 12 or 13 MORE days in addition to the 18-day Red Sea sailing to be able to transit around Africa to the Mediterranean (total transit of 30 or 31 days without passengers).

It appears the Singapore-Dubai sailing and the 14-day Athens-Athens sailing in March and April may be candidates for cancellation/modification.

I'm scheduled on a 34 day Singapore to Athens on Sojourn May 2, 2024.  They are showing only 1 cabin available, the Owner's Suite at $70,000 pp.  I wonder if my cruise will be impacted.  It's the last segment on the WC that started January 11, 2024.

2 hours ago, phillipray said:

Carnival Corporation & plc Provides Update on Strong Bookings Momentum, Reroutes Red Sea Transits

MIAMI, Jan. 30, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) is committed to the safety and well-being of its guests and crew and has been actively monitoring the situation in the Red Sea and surrounding region. Given recent developments and in close consultation with global security experts and government authorities, the Company has made the decision to reroute itineraries for 12 ships across seven brands, which were scheduled to transit the Red Sea through May 2024.

Do you have a link to this?  I want to send it to my husband.

I called my TA and they cancelled my cruise an hour and a half ago.  Not sure what that does for WC folks, but I guess they get some sort of refund.  She said I can book another cruise for 10% off but I have so many tours to cancel, hotels, etc.  I don't even know where else I'd like to go.

Carnival has also canceled their cruises from Dubai and two Seabourn ships are sailing around Africa without passengers.   Th QM2 is sailing its passengers making two stops in Africa and one in the Canary Islands.   Royal and Celebrity has visits to Alexndria on the schedule and I wonder if she will still do these visits.

Such terrible news, for both passengers and the company. This will be a significant loss of revenue for Seabourn.  And a major headache for those booked on the cancelled cruises, esp the world cruise.  What are they offering?  What about passengers who have their own air booked?  I guess they are sailing empty, with no stopping in order to get to the Med on time? Too bad they could not have continued with passengers and offered an interesting itinerary through Seychelles, and around Africa. But perhaps time just would not have allowed that as a viable option?