Tickets to the Acropolis

Nonnie1975

What is the official web site to buy tickets to Acropolis in Athens, Greece? We want to buy tickets with the guide. Saw several and want to make sure I buy tickets from the right place.  Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was just checking Cruise Critic because I have been unable to find tickets past March 31. This is the website; https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1N

We were told to book the Acropolis and Slopes tickets by Georges Tours. I have been checking daily since January 31 and it will still only let one book up until March 31.    It "seems" that if you scroll down to the bottom and click on "hours" it only has the set hours until March 31. I wonder if they are still deciding upon the hours for the summer?  I will continue to try daily.  We want to book for May 3 - the day before our cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 3:56 PM, Hollyann said:

I was just checking Cruise Critic because I have been unable to find tickets past March 31. This is the website; https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1N

We were told to book the Acropolis and Slopes tickets by Georges Tours. I have been checking daily since January 31 and it will still only let one book up until March 31.    It "seems" that if you scroll down to the bottom and click on "hours" it only has the set hours until March 31. I wonder if they are still deciding upon the hours for the summer?  I will continue to try daily.  We want to book for May 3 - the day before our cruise.

On 2/6/2024 at 3:56 PM, Hollyann said:

There was a place on official website where you choose to be notified when tickets would go on sale.

19 hours ago, realnice46 said:

There was a place on official website where you choose to be notified when tickets would go on sale.

I do not see it.  Is this the website that you used: https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&region=all ? As far as I know, this is the only official website.

Edited by Hollyann

• 2 weeks later...

We also are using a George’s for Acropolis tour etc for late April. I was also having trouble and messaged them. I was told by Billy at George’s that we would not actually be able to purchase the tix at the official website until April. I think a new pricing structure goes into effect then. Hope this helps!

19 hours ago, VacayAddict said:

We also are using a George’s for Acropolis tour etc for late April. I was also having trouble and messaged them. I was told by Billy at George’s that we would not actually be able to purchase the tix at the official website until April. I think a new pricing structure goes into effect then. Hope this helps!

That does make me feel a lot better that you received confirmation on that. George's taxi mentioned that briefly in my confirmation email from way back, but I find it extremely odd that people going in April cannot book until April. I am glad that I do not have an early April cruise. We leave on May 4. I am sure there website will be hopping on April 1! Thanks again 😃 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JerryInIL said:

Can you buy the Acropolis tickets at the Acropolis Museum?

No, and you cannot buy tickets for the Museum at the Acropolis.

There is an Acropolis ticket booth practically across the street from the Museum at the Plaka entrance to the Acropolis. 

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can buy Acropolis tickets ahead of time and save a long line ONCE they are on sale here: https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&region=all . Apparently they will not go on sale until after April 1 for dates starting April 1 and later. Even at that, I am booked with Georges Taxi for May 2nd(now - was booked May 3). Georges Taxi told me that Greece is looking at limiting the hours on May 3 and 4 due to Greek Orthodox Easter. So it may even be mid-April when the new dates are bookable.  I have been checking frequently "just in case".  

Edited by Hollyann

Hollyann: I was looking at George’s Taxi tours, but it looks like they charge for the group, not per person.  We are a group of 2, so I wouldn’t want to get stuck paying for a group.  How did you book the tour?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JerryInIL said:

Hollyann: I was looking at George’s Taxi tours, but it looks like they charge for the group, not per person.  We are a group of 2, so I wouldn’t want to get stuck paying for a group.  How did you book the tour?

George's Taxi does not put groups togethrr. If you want to share with others, you put togethrr your own group and you all agree on payment. They will price it according to the size of the vehicle. Otherwise, you get and pay for your own private tour for the two of you.  They will not add anyone else to your own group of whatever size.

PK Travel does shared tours priced per person.  You have to check their rules on their website.

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

@jb12 @JerryInIL

Just to confirm the website information -

The only official website for the Acropolis MUSEUM is:

https://www.theacropolismuseum.gr/en/plan-your-visit

The only official website for the actual Acropolis is the Hellenic Heritage website:

https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&place=000000002

You cannot buy tickets for the other site on each website.

13 hours ago, VacayAddict said:

Just FYI, I was able to book Acropolis tickets today at the official HH website for April 26! I’d heard that they would be available on April 1, so this was a nice surprise!!!!!

Thank you VERY much for this info!  I have been going to the site every 3-4 days checking because I too had heard April 1.  We need tickets for May 2. Unfortunately May is not open yet, but I will keep checking. So glad you were able to get your tickets - and thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If anyone is looking for Acropolis tickets for May 1 and 2, they have just gone on sale today. You can find them here: https://hhticket.gr/tap_b2c_new/english/tap.exe?PM=P1P&region=all

(We bought the Acropolis & Slopes combo tickets for $30 - lets you in many of the Athens sites)

They are not available for May 3 and forward yet.  There still seems to be plenty tickets available for most days in April which finally opened up about a week ago.

Edited by Hollyann
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...