Specialty Dining Reservations - Premier package

CruiseLover72

I made specialty dining reservations for 2 nights on the app with the premier package, and everything seemed to go well. No charges. Unfortunately, I realized I booked the wrong night, so I tried to edit the time, and the system tried to charge me. I decided to delete the ressie instead. It's still trying to charge me for the second reservation although there's only one active reservation now. After calling Princess, I'm told this is just how the system works, and I should book it, and then Princess will refund me.

Has anyone gotten a refund in this situation? I'm doubtful that it will come automatically as the Princess rep inferred.

Wait until tomorrow and try again.  Sometimes the app needs to rest before it can function properly. lol. It happened to me, same scenario.  I left the app with one reservation booked and went in the next day and it showed my remaining complimentary dining.  I booked our desired day and time with no request for payment.  Good luck!

• Like 3

I changed dates and I noticed it was trying to charge. I went into the old app and it showed one dining credit. I was able to book it on the old app, but I noticed with time I could have booked with the new one. I think it takes the system some time to catch up. Like 30mins. So try again 

I just booked my speciality, having premier package, first speciality was free but then it charged me for the second, I paid as I wanted the reservation, not sure how to get the second refunded, OBC will be fine for me, so not sure if I should leave till onboard or shall I ring, and if so which number 

Thanks for the replies! The app did let me make another reservation with no charge. I wish the Princess rep had told me to wait a few minutes. She said that the system would never let me make another reservation without paying. Ugh.

As @Lady Arwen says...just give it some time.  Or, a *possible* solution might be to just let it ride and get the night adjusted once on board.  There is *some* possible risk with this...but the general concensus is that all SD time slots are not available on the app...you can generally get slots once aboard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kenzie said:

I just booked my speciality, having premier package, first speciality was free but then it charged me for the second, I paid as I wanted the reservation, not sure how to get the second refunded, OBC will be fine for me, so not sure if I should leave till onboard or shall I ring, and if so which number 

I booked specialty dining before purchasing Princess Premiere. My credit card was charged (as it should have been) for the two meals. When I bought Princess Premiere the charges were refunded it took a day, but it worked with no problem. 

• Like 1