Noise Issues? Celebrity Mille A1 Sunset 11 Deck Aqua Class Starboard Aft

RinAsami

I've heard positive and negative things so far with noise issues from the movie theater that sits on deck 12 regarding noise that disturbs people while on their balconies in the Aqua Class staterooms on deck 11.

We just switched to room 1128 because it was a better price than our previous room for a 2024 sailing on Mille. Now I'm concerned seeing some of the reviews of the Sunset 11 deck.

Can anyone give me recent experiences? Is the movie area so loud you can't hear your travel partner talk while out on the balcony? Did I mess up? There were only a few rooms left for Aqua Class so I picked the one I thought was okay and the Celebrity rep didn't say it was a noisy location or anything.

Thanks!

Edited by RinAsami
typo

We were on the Summit(same M class sized ship) in mid December in Aqua class room 1122 and you could here some noise on deck 12 from the movie.  It was not loud but you could hear it. I think the wind direction had to be just right to hear the movie that was playing.

Ok, thanks, @r2h2. Were you still able to hear the waves while sitting out on your balcony? I don't mind some noise, I'm sure we'll hear noise anyway if others are out on their balconies.

Did you like 1122 overall and did you feel it was worth it? We're thinking of moving up to 1122 so it's not pretty much right at the end of the ship.

Did play movies in the evenings? I just like sitting on the balcony in the evenings to hear the ocean and read. Just concerned that movie noise would be an issue if they do it nightly.

Edited by RinAsami
more info

23 minutes ago, RinAsami said:

I've heard positive and negative things so far with noise issues from the movie theater that sits on deck 12 regarding noise that disturbs people while on their balconies in the Aqua Class staterooms on deck 11.

We just switched to room 1128 because it was a better price than our previous room for a 2024 sailing on Mille. Now I'm concerned seeing some of the reviews of the Sunset 11 deck.

Can anyone give me recent experiences? Is the movie area so loud you can't hear your travel partner talk while out on the balcony? Did I mess up? There were only a few rooms left for Aqua Class so I picked the one I thought was okay and the Celebrity rep didn't say it was a noisy location or anything.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, goldylocks70 said:

I called celebrity and the representative said that the speakers tend to be closer to the movie screen so if you choose the rooms that are further back like 1120 through 1130 and around there, he said that's about the best place you can be on that deck for noise in regard to the movies. He said they typically play movies from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. or so nightly. 

23 minutes ago, RinAsami said:

Ok, thanks, @r2h2. Were you still able to hear the waves while sitting out on your balcony? I don't mind some noise, I'm sure we'll hear noise anyway if others are out on their balconies.

Did you like 1122 overall and did you feel it was worth it? We're thinking of moving up to 1122 so it's not pretty much right at the end of the ship.

Did play movies in the evenings? I just like sitting on the balcony in the evenings to hear the ocean and read. Just concerned that movie noise would be an issue if they do it nightly.

I could hear the waves but barely. The room is in a great location as one set of stairs and you are at Oceanview cafe while going out the door, you are on the walking track one level above the pool and Solarium.  Down hall and one set of stairs from the Sunset bar.  I would stick with it if I was in your shoes! Have a great time!

• Like 1

We were recently in 1112 on the Constellation for a short Caribbean sailing. I'm highly noise sensitive, and very particular about cabin location. This particular cabin seemed to be well-situated. Movie sound track (during the day) was audible while on the balcony, but only very, very slightly. 

Note that the balcony was quite small and if your neighbours spend time conversing outside, that would be far more distracting than movie noise. We actually loved the cabin and the location. Be aware though, that the overhead shade covering is somewhat limited compared with other balcony categories.

• Like 1

I originally booked the same type of room as you and went to buy the Classic drink packages and realized that for about the same amount of $ spent, I could move up to Aqua and get the drink packages,Blu, and spa included.  I thought it was a good move. Blu was well worth the upgrade!

• Like 1

You'll definitely enjoy the more relaxed ambience in Blu. And if you can't find a menu option that pleases you, you're able to order off the MDR menu as well. That's a bonus for Millenium Class ships. It's a win-win!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, r2h2 said:

I originally booked the same type of room as you and went to buy the Classic drink packages and realized that for about the same amount of $ spent, I could move up to Aqua and get the drink packages,Blu, and spa included.  I thought it was a good move. Blu was well worth the upgrade!

I thought the same thing! I thought it had to be some type of error on the website so I called but for some reason the aqua class dropped in price a lot so I ended up saving money and switching to the better room. I got the all-inclusive package too so we got the basic Wi-Fi classic drink package plus Blu now w/A1. We didn't get any spa services included beside the Persian garden but I think there might be some discounts, not sure. I keep hoping they won't call me and say oops sorry we were wrong. 😂