cancelling a shore excursion

deb18

The shorex cancellation policy has been recently updated (link).

In general, you can cancel 48 hours before the ship is scheduled to arrive at that port in order to get a full refund.  There are exceptions to this (medical illness, switching to a different shorex).

There are some special shore excursions that require cancellation 30 days in advance.  it is spelled out in the shorex cancellation FAQ in the link above.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, cmaleblanc said:

You'd have to double-check the excursion, but most no, you have up to 24 hours before the excursion to cancel it without penalty. 

Now 48 hours before docking.

Not sure how this works if excursion is 2nd or 3rd day 

I recently booked some shorex on app for upcoming Ascent Feb 11.  Shortly thereafter I got an email on the 48-hour cancellation policy.  Not sure if coincident, or I just booked as policy was changing, but I did think…wow, that is quite a change from the normal 24-hrs.  So much is changing now on cruising after Covid, not much surprises me any longer.

But it is still a great mode of transportation to go and see the places I want to visit 😊

Just now, Dancing Shoes said:

Not sure why they say it that way, but to me it means 48 hours or 2 days before the excursion will start.

The new policy says 48 hours "prior to the scheduled arrival time" and not 48 hours prior to the start of the excursion.  It is curious language but it is quite clear.

• Like 1