Suspicious Email from Princess Cruises

dog

1 minute ago, DHP1 said:

That’s good to know however, how did he/she get @dog booking number?

Not sure but @dog I would call Princess and let them know that someone has your booking number. 

Good luck and let us know how you make out with it all.

• Like 1

You did the right thing and all the above responses are correct (I was a Chief Information Security Officer before retiring). One quick way to tell without even opening the e-mail is to look at the actual "from" address (not the name you are shown at first but the xxxxx@princess.com). If it doesn't end in princess,com, you can be sure it isn't from them. Many times it will be obvious from even the first part of the e-mail address.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I let Princess know about this.

Cannot get through to chat or phone right now.

One other thing- I noticed MedallionClass charge to my credit card yesterday. Order Dec for Feb 18 th cruise.  No emails or tracking.  Nothing indicated that this is related.

2 minutes ago, dog said:

One other thing- I noticed MedallionClass charge to my credit card yesterday. Order Dec for Feb 18 th cruise.  No emails or tracking.  

I don't think that is it because the same thing happened to me. My CC was charged for my medallion order yet no email or tracking info. I leave Feb 15th. No email from JSalvatierra and I checked my spam as well. 

45 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I have an aol account that I use for junk purposes.  I just sent an email to the email address you provided and it got bounced back already with the error that 'recipient address rejected.  User unknown.'

43 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

That’s good to know however, how did he/she get @dog booking number?

That email probably should have a J in front of that last name.  

Probably ONE messing around with our bookings.  PCL should not give them permission to go into our accounts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Probably ONE messing around with our bookings.  PCL should not give them permission to go into our accounts.

Are you posting a lot?

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

I think @Host CJSKIDSgot that last post CC went crazy!!😜 

17 minutes ago, dog said:

Ok, I let Princess know about this.

Cannot get through to chat or phone right now.

One other thing- I noticed MedallionClass charge to my credit card yesterday. Order Dec for Feb 18 th cruise.  No emails or tracking.  Nothing indicated that this is related.

You ordered in Dec for the OM and are not charged until they are ready to ship.  So, you won’t get the tracking number, until it is actually shipped, probably around Feb 4th or so.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

You did the right thing and all the above responses are correct (I was a Chief Information Security Officer before retiring). One quick way to tell without even opening the e-mail is to look at the actual "from" address (not the name you are shown at first but the xxxxx@princess.com). If it doesn't end in princess,com, you can be sure it isn't from them. Many times it will be obvious from even the first part of the e-mail address.

The other question is how did they get @dog booking number?  That concerns me the most plus e-mail.
And I thought this was going to be a quiet afternoon on cruise critic. This is serous and we all would like to know. 
@dog Im still googling this (searching) to see if others ran into the same problem. So far not luck. I’ll keep trying as this must occurred before to someone else. 

Edited by DHP1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Most email address I’ve seen from Princess cruises have their first initial, followed by their last name.

Full name was shown like this:

Jude Salvatierra (Contractor)

email was:

JSalvatierra@princesscruises.com

3 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

The other question is how did they get @dog booking number?  That concerns me the most plus e-mail.
And I thought this was going to be a quiet afternoon on cruise critic. This is serous and we all would like to know. 

yes, this is why I alerted others here.

my booking is shown in the app and in the personalizer.

I have written to Princess.

i tried chat. But listen- the phone conversations can mess this up, so I am leaving it for now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dog said:

yes, this is why I alerted others here.

my booking is shown in the app and in the personalizer.

I have written to Princess.

i tried chat. But listen- the phone conversations can mess this up, so I am leaving it for now.

True. 

3 minutes ago, dog said:

email was:

Got it.  The reason I asked, your post #10 didn’t show the J.  
Not important now, but would be good to know if others get these emails.

Thank you for alerting us.

1 minute ago, dog said:

email was:

The email did not get bounced back yet to me so that must be a legitimate princess employee of some kind.  

Have you tried emailing them in a new separate email inquiring on why they contacted you without including your booking number?  

Perhaps it was a mistake on their end.

• Like 3