Explorer of the Seas October 2024

Hi,

I have received an email to say that my booked 7 night on the 12th October from Ravenna is no longer going ahead and I have been offered alternatives. I'm just a bit confused and wondering if anyone else sailing on explorer around Sept/Oct have more information.

I have been offered an 8 night from Athens to Rome on 11th Oct - but no itinerary is included - Santorini is on my bucket list and I don't know whether it goes there. Anyone know the itinerary? It's not on the Royal website.

Also, there are other options including one sailing from Venice/Ravenna on the 19th Oct ending in Athens (that does say it goes to Santorini). This is confusing because the 11th Oct sailing apparently ends in Rome not Venice.

I know I have until mid-Feb to decide but I'm not a patient person and confused over here!

Sarah

2 minutes ago, Sarahbear666 said:

Hi,

I have received an email to say that my booked 7 night on the 12th October from Ravenna is no longer going ahead and I have been offered alternatives. I'm just a bit confused and wondering if anyone else sailing on explorer around Sept/Oct have more information.

I have been offered an 8 night from Athens to Rome on 11th Oct - but no itinerary is included - Santorini is on my bucket list and I don't know whether it goes there. Anyone know the itinerary? It's not on the Royal website.

Also, there are other options including one sailing from Venice/Ravenna on the 19th Oct ending in Athens (that does say it goes to Santorini). This is confusing because the 11th Oct sailing apparently ends in Rome not Venice.

I know I have until mid-Feb to decide but I'm not a patient person and confused over here!

Sarah

I just saw this posted on another forum with full details of the alternative cruises so I don’t know why you've not received those. I suggest you get back to whoever you booked with. In the meantime, see the link below:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/44820-explorer-oct-2024-sailings-cancelledchanged/

None of these sailings are showing up on the website; presumably they will once people have confirmed what they want to do.

Note to  mods: forgive me for posting the link but it contains information the OP should have been given and apparently wasn't.

13 minutes ago, Sarahbear666 said:

Hi,

Sarah

According to a post about this on another forum that cruise is doing Santorini, Chania (Crete), Bodrum, Limassol and Naples.

Thank you 🙂

The itinerary is on the website now but it still says the 11th cruise ends in Rome on the 19th Oct and the cruise staring the 19th starts from Ravenna! I can't see how both can be right!

Are you abel to share where this other post/forum is please?

9 minutes ago, Sarahbear666 said:

Thank you 🙂

The itinerary is on the website now but it still says the 11th cruise ends in Rome on the 19th Oct and the cruise staring the 19th starts from Ravenna! I can't see how both can be right!

Are you abel to share where this other post/forum is please?

I tried but we're not really allowed to share the link so my post is waiting in limbo for a mod to OK it.

However if you google "Explorer Oct 2024 sailings cancelled/changed" you should be able to find the post in question.

In any case, now that I'm on my computer instead of my phone, here's a copy of the letter that the other poster shared. You should have received that letter too so I suggest you contact whoever you booked with and ask them to provide you with full details.

"Dear Guest,

Due to an adjustment in itinerary planning, we’ve made some changes to our upcoming Explorer of the Seas, October 26th, 2024 sailing. We will now sail a 6-Night Greece, Italy & Spain itinerary. We understand this is not an ideal situation, and we’re truly sorry for the impact this has on your vacation plans. The time and effort you took to plan your cruise is important to us, so we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope will work for you and those in your party.

Option 1: Stay on our new Explorer of the Seas 6-Night Greece, Italy & Spain sailing on October 27th from Athens (Piraeus), Greece and disembarking in Barcelona, Spain

What you’ll receive:

• You’ll remain in the same stateroom on our new Explorer of the Seas October 27th, 2024 sailing.
  • Your cruise fare will either be adjusted to the new cruise fare rate OR prorated for the change in sailing nights, whichever option results in a lesser fare, and any overage will be refunded. This applies to the cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items will be at the prevailing rate.
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
    • Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard.
  • And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car).
    • We’ll cover up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.
    • Please email your receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 2: Re-book one of the below 2024 itineraries onboard Explorer of the Seas:

Roundtrip 7-Night Greek Isles Cruise from Ravenna (Venice), Italy:

• Sailing on September 7th and visiting:
    • Santorini, Greece | Mykonos, Greece | Athens (Piraeus), Greece | and Olympia (Katakolon), Greece

Roundtrip 7-Night Greece and Croatia Cruise from Ravenna (Venice), Italy:

• Sailing on September 14th and visiting:
    • Dubrovnik, Croatia | Athens (Piraeus), Greece | Mykonos, Greece | and Split, Croatia

One-Way 6-Night Greece, Greece, Croatia & Turkey Cruise from Ravenna (Venice), Italy and disembarking in Athens (Piraeus), Greece:

• Sailing on October 5th and visiting:
    • Split, Croatia | Mykonos, Greece | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | and Santorini, Greece

One-Way 8-Night Greece, Italy & Cyprus Cruise from Athens (Piraeus), Greece and disembarking in Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy:

• Sailing on October 11th and visiting:
    • Santorini, Greece | Chania (Souda), Crete, Greece | Bodrum, Turkey | Limassol, Cyprus | and Naples, Italy

One-Way 8-Night Greece, Cyprus & Turkey Cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy and disembarking in Athens (Piraeus), Greece:

• Sailing on October 19th and visiting:
    • Santorini, Greece | Mykonos, Greece | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Bodrum, Turkey | and Limassol, Cyprus

What you’ll receive:

• Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing.
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
    • Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard.
  • And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car).
    • We’ll cover up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.
    • Please email your receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 3: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing.

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference.

Option 4: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go, but hope you’ll come back soon. You’ll receive:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.
  • Please know, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Any refunds due will be credited to your original form of payment within 14 business days after your decision – kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by February 15th, 2024, to let us know your decision. And please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If you decide to go with Option 4, there’s no need to call us. If we haven’t heard from you by February 15th, 2024 your reservation will default to Option 4 and will be cancelled.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S. or text us at 800 256-6649
  • 1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge – we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International"

Edited by FionaMG
Sp.

According to the e-mail they should sail on 19th from Rome to Athens. 

Royal web shows at the moment for 19th Oct:

VISITING: 
  • Ravenna (Venice), Italy
  • Santorini, Greece
  • Mykonos, Greece
  • Athens (Piraeus), Greece
  • Split, Croatia
  • Ravenna (Venice), Italy

Thank you both so much! 🙂

That's really helpful. The email posted is different to mine in terms of what they're saying about the 19th Sailing. Typically clear from Royal 😅

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sarahbear666 said:

Thank you both so much! 🙂

That's really helpful. The email posted is different to mine in terms of what they're saying about the 19th Sailing. Typically clear from Royal 😅

Glad to have been of help. I hope one of the options they've given you is suitable for you. 🤞

Now the 27th sailing is for sale again and our cabin is also for sale, even we have not decided to cancel yet. Wondering, what Royal will do, if someone will book the same cabin and we will not cancel?!

Edited by mel76

Why did they change this? If I understand it correctly all stops in Dubrovnik and Kotor are now gone so no more Adria visits beside Split for big ships. This is a big change for the future!

37 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Why did they change this? If I understand it correctly all stops in Dubrovnik and Kotor are now gone so no more Adria visits beside Split for big ships. This is a big change for the future!

They has changed it without any explantion. 

They have homeported Expoler to Athens for whole Oct 2024.

For 2025 are still cruises to Dubrovnik and Kotor.

23 minutes ago, mel76 said:

They has changed it without any explantion. 

They have homeported Expoler to Athens for whole Oct 2024.

For 2025 are still cruises to Dubrovnik and Kotor.

I trust 2025 will also be changed soon, step by step…

I think it looks interesting that Kotor is missing from the new itineraries. That was also on my bucket list! 

I spoke to my travel agent yesterday and cancelled this one. None of the options are what I wanted, which was Venice, Kotor and Santorini! No worries, we're doing Canary Islands on Anthem for the 4th time instead 😂

My travel agent wondered if Royal were having issues with flights and transfers from Venice to Ravenna 🤷🏼‍♀️