Does Royal Provide Shuttle London to Southampton?

21 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I second this.  We were there in October and used National Express and it was perfect. 

Go on the London board for anything English.  There is one contributor who goes by John Bull who lives there,  In 2018 we took the National Express from London to Southampton for 5BP/each (senior rate) with 1 BP service charge.  So for a measly 11 BP we were on a very nice coach for the 2+ hour trip.  Then a 2 minute taxi to the port.  You can walk it but there are no sidewalks. 

National Express is by far the best option. There is no viable train service, a car service will cost you an arm and a leg. If you do go with Nat. Express, don't forget to pay the extra £5 so you can change your booking at the airport in case you are delayed...there is a Nat. Express office in each terminal at LHR if you need to do this.

Simon

We have taken the train from London Waterloo to Southampton before, no changes and took about one hour and twenty minutes from memory. 

Just my opinion but it is a more comfortable option than 2 hrs on a National Express coach where actually getting out of London and on to the M3 can be very busy but the train will likely be more expensive.

43 minutes ago, Tin can said:

We have taken the train from London Waterloo to Southampton before, no changes and took about one hour and twenty minutes from memory. 

Just my opinion but it is a more comfortable option than 2 hrs on a National Express coach where actually getting out of London and on to the M3 can be very busy but the train will likely be more expensive.

True…I assumed they meant from LHR rather than central London, in which case  train would be a better option.

Simon

• Like 1

The earlier you book the bus from London to Southampton, the cheaper the ticket.  They will not depart the station until all have put on their safety belts.  Our driver was kind enough to call our car rental as we didn't have a cell phone at the time.