Visa Service Choices

JM0115

We are going to China on a cruise in October with Viking. They use GenVisa for their Visa services. I know they are very good but they are pricey. Anyone use a visa service company that they like and can recommend?

Where are you located/live?

Resources may be different depending on where you are unless you only want online options.

In Toronto Canada we have in-person and online options.

5 hours ago, JM0115 said:

We are going to China on a cruise in October with Viking. They use GenVisa for their Visa services. I know they are very good but they are pricey. Anyone use a visa service company that they like and can recommend?

To change your displayed location, click the avatar next to your name in the light blue banner at the top of any page. The edit choice is middle tab at the upper right.

I have gotten China visas for land vistas in person when we lived about an hour away from Los Angeles. It is not a pleasant experience: driving in traffic, circling the embassy in ever-larger paths looking for parking, having lots of change for the meter (not knowing how long it is going to take), waiting for interview... Later coming back to pick up. 

I just looked up "nearest Chinese embassy" for where I live now, and the answer is... Los Angeles! 13+ driving hours away!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Where are you located/live?

Resources may be different depending on where you are unless you only want online options.

In Toronto Canada we have in-person and online options.

I live in Colorado.  My closest embassey/consulate is Chicago. We will definitely use a service.

• Like 1

We use one of the Chinese Banks in Toronto area to do our Visa.  My husband is a Canadian citizen, but from China, and we have family and friends there.  We have 10 year entry Visas.

I know that there are Chinese Bank locations in the USA, but don't know if they exist in Colorado.  You might see if you have a Chinese Bank branch in your city and check with them.