Magens Bay Pictures

Ms411

The snack and beverage bar. Plan is to renovate kitchen in Sept/Oct to accommodate more menu offerings. ATM fee $3.50. Bars accept cash and credit cards. Hopefully you can read the current menu.

20240127_100110.jpg

20240127_100007.jpg

20240127_100252.jpg

20240127_100218.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn!! That looks great somebody did something. Sorry Ms411 I'm just back after serving a 14 day suspension for running my mouth.☹️

Thanks for the great pictures.

Too make a real long story short I'm trying to find a nice 14 day sailing for this fall. 

The options on STT are getting much better. 

Thanks for the great pictures. Appreciate you. Todd

The cruise lines supposedly asked for this type of set up which seems to be the norm on many other beaches in other locations. 

This should answer all the chair/umbrella questions for now.😊

Gotcha, thank you. 

I just hope one day downtown will be like it used to be. 

It looks and sounds like everyone is trying to get on the same page. 

Thanks for the update. 

Edited by TTEllis

Yes it shouldn't answer all the chair and umbrella questions. 

The last time I was on Magens Bay, they had some chairs and maybe some umbrellas but not like what's in your photos.

I was so focused on getting to the far end of the bay I really wasn't paying a whole lot of attention but that wasn't there, several times. I would have seen those and did not. Looks great, I'm still going about 80% of the way down the bay and dropping my backpack cooler my beach towel and having a time. 

They need to charge cruiser's more to get on Magens exactly like they're doing on all the other beaches in the Caribbean. 

$5? Seems unacceptable, I'm not sure how that math adds up.

Cruisers can afford it, if they can't then they can stay on ship, drink Shirley Temples and Diet Coke.

$10 just for starters admittance to Magens for cruisers. 

How nice would that be. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

TTEllis, I'm glad you changed your mind.😊 There are so many beautiful beaches around the world that are accessible to a large number of travelers and Magens needs to not price ifltself out of the competition.

They claim they will put a chair wherever you want, and the $20 price is for chair AND shade which I think is the going rate most places. They don't offer chair separate of shade. 

Ms411 you are Hilarious!!🤜🤛

That $10 fee is just for cruisers. Islanders and they're families or anyone else STAYING on St. Thomas FREE. 

With that being said, the point you made about pricing yourself out of the competition it does make sense.🌟🌟🌟🌟

I just think on federally owned land or whatever Magens Bay is, that people like myself should have to pay a fair price as opposed to a minimumal fee. 

The chairs have always been sardine canned down on the right(north) side on Magens. The only difference now is there are more of them. It''s a crummy way of entering one of the most stunning bays in the western hemisphere. Go LEFT and keep walking bring a NICE beach towel, a couple of them. Keep walking, yep and keep walking it's a beautiful bay you can't see enough of it. When you reach a place away where everyone else is NOT, drop sunscreen party.😎🌟🌟🌟🌟😎

We did those chairs come to think of it year's ago. Stumble bumble rumble. Magens Bay is much too nice to be elbow to elbow with anybody, keep walking. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I saw those umbrellas with chair's silly head. I'm talking about shade without the sardine can festival as you pull in down there. 

I'm not renting a chair and umbrella right there in grand central station with Grandma and Grampa.

I've already done that once it's too much drama for me. 

My plans next trip to Magens Bay, bring a softsided backpack cooler and one of those fold up sun tents, that's my shade. Those boneheads at Magens are not hauling me a chair and umbrella half a mile down the beach silly!!

Yes I could toss them another $20 they still ain't doing it.😁😂😁😂😎

Plus you don't smoke on the beach, I've smoked trees on Magens Bay and fully intend on continuing that tradition.😎🥳🥳😁😎🌟🌟🌟🌟

Btw all I can do Ms411 is tell you the truth. The USVI all of them. Beer, good food and weed go hand in hand especially on St. Thomas. Just sayin. 

I'm very comfortable on the island. 

Never a worry.🤜🤛🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟