Haven Upgrade Bids- Should i place more than one?

Stoves48

Hello all! First time on a Norwegian cruise. I placed a bid on a Haven 2 bed suite. My guess is that it’s a low bid but it was all I’m willing to pay. Should i also bid on a lesser Haven suite since my bid will be more aggressive? What happens if both bids are accepted? Thanks for the info!!!!

58 minutes ago, Stoves48 said:

Hello all! First time on a Norwegian cruise. I placed a bid on a Haven 2 bed suite. My guess is that it’s a low bid but it was all I’m willing to pay. Should i also bid on a lesser Haven suite since my bid will be more aggressive? What happens if both bids are accepted? Thanks for the info!!!!

Bid for whatever cabin class you are interested in.  Keep in mind you are bidding the price per person for the first two in the cabin. The system will only award one bid (if it is awarded at all).  Your other bids will be rejected if you win one of them.  

1 hour ago, Stoves48 said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic

The probability of wining a Haven bid is very small. On a big ship, there are over 1000 staterooms which could have the possibility of placing a bid. A low bid is unlikely to win. A more aggressive bid in the "good" range on a lesser cabin will have a higher probability. 

12 hours ago, Stoves48 said:

Have you checked (use a mock booking) to see how many haven cabins in what categories remain available?  Many have reported receiving invitations to bid when all the haven cabins are sold out.  NCL does that just in case someone cancels.  The bottom line is don't get  your hopes up.  Your chances of winning a slim and none.  A higher bid may not signficantly aid your prospects of winning.