3rd and 4th person sailing free promotion (Jan 2024)

I love this promotion, however, I cannot find any sailings it applies to. The T&Cs do not specify it either.

I tried pricing some April, June and November 2025 cruises, but the 3rd person's fare is even higher than the first 2, so that's definitely a no-go.

Help, please?

Celebrity is running the same promotion now, and it's very clear when it applies, so I already placed 2 holds on their cruises. Their balcony prices for 3 people on 2 new ships are lower than inside cabin prices on Princess ships during the same time. The only advantage Princess is offering at this time is a fully refundable deposit.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Honestly, this promo campaign has been going on forever.  Princess just keeps extending it.  These are capacity controlled and this late in the game, the cabins that were available for 3rd and 4th passenger sail free promo are probably all sold out.  My friends were able to book a Sun Princess sailing for this May using this promo but they made their booking all the way back in October 2023.

8 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

this late in the game

what do you mean "this late in the game"? I am pricing 2025. I can't yet book 2026 because the school calendar is not out yet.

8 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

they made their May 2024 booking all the way back in October 2023

I am pricing it out way farther in advance than this.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what do you mean "this late in the game"? I am pricing 2025. I can't yet book 2026 because the school calendar is not out yet.

I am pricing it out way farther in advance than this.

Still, the promo campaign has been going on for months already.  I'm sure there are others who beat you to the punch.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I love this promotion, however, I cannot find any sailings it applies to. The T&Cs do not specify it either.

I tried pricing some April, June and November 2025 cruises, but the 3rd person's fare is even higher than the first 2, so that's definitely a no-go.

Help, please?

Celebrity is running the same promotion now, and it's very clear when it applies, so I already placed 2 holds on their cruises. Their balcony prices for 3 people on 2 new ships are lower than inside cabin prices on Princess ships during the same time. The only advantage Princess is offering at this time is a fully refundable deposit.

I did a test booking for Discovery Princess, April 12, 2025, 4 passengers.  The fare summary shows that passenger 3 & 4 are $0.00.  Only taxes and port fees are shown for them.

This was the first cruise that I tried to do a test booking - so there are definitely cruises available.

On Princess.com I selected “view cruises” for the 40% off, 3rd & 4th passenger free promo.  It showed 729 results.  I then went into “date & length” and only selected April, June and November of 2025.   There were 162 results.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I did a test booking for Discovery Princess, April 12, 2025, 4 passengers.

thanks!  I should have mentioned that we only cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

On Princess.com I selected “view cruises” for the 40% off, 3rd & 4th passenger free promo.  It showed 729 results.  I then went into “date & length” and only selected April, June and November of 2025.   There were 162 results.

So did I, but when I clicked on all of the ones that work for us in April, June and November (school breaks), none of them had the 3/4th person free.

Interestingly enough, none of the cruises had this promo indicated on them, like it does for 40% off and/or $100 deposit.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

thanks!  I should have mentioned that we only cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.

So did I, but when I clicked on all of the ones that work for us in April, June and November (school breaks), none of them had the 3/4th person free.

Interestingly enough, none of the cruises had this promo indicated on them, like it does for 40% off and/or $100 deposit.

Even though the cruise only has 40% off and $100 deposit try following through with a booking.  I just did that for this cruise and the 3rd person was free when I got to the Cruise Summary

image.png.0d5b1a49f137b74952bd2b5478560a9b.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

either I am crazy, or Princess is lying to me.... in the same price summary Princess tells me they applied a 3rd and 4th person free promotion, while simultaneously charging MORE for the 3rd person...

image.thumb.png.be3cee9f7d4a92b31b2491d5ac60b0c1.png

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 1/28/2024 at 5:30 PM, coo359a2 said:

Even though the cruise only has 40% off and $100 deposit try following through with a booking.  I just did that for this cruise and the 3rd person was free when I got to the Cruise Summary

image.png.0d5b1a49f137b74952bd2b5478560a9b.png

this one doesn't show up as a 3rd/4th free either.... At least the 3rd person is ~1/3 of the price of the first 2.

Untitled.thumb.png.a68163f0700abd359f78c7e7807d3762.png