Novotel Southampton

beej

Hi all, am back with another question. We have booked the Novotel Southampton for the night before our cruise in Oct. Cheryl said it was fine for the night and the location is great. The question is: We are in a standard room. They said that it would have 2 beds, not bed and sofabed. I have read some stuff about the Novation rooms, which are Queen bed and Pullout. I guess these are the newer rooms. Does anyone have info on these rooms. Is it worth the upgrade by about 15GBP. Want to make sure that the bathroom and shower is big enough, ie comfortable, nice shower in the older room since we will have a little one on the Legend. Read somewhere the bath in the older room was a soso bathroom. Help solve this dilemma please. Barb
I posted on another thread on Southampton so you may have read this already - my 80 yr old mum and her friend stayed here the night before their cruise - and there are NO twin bed rooms in this hotel - she had to spend the night on a pull out sofabed which she said was most uncomfortable! They did say that the restaurant at John Lewis was very good [as another poster below says] with a fantastic omlette station!

Thanks for the info on the Novotel. We have cancelled there and are staying at the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker a couple of blocks away. Better price, bigger rooms and 2 beds. It may be one night, but I want to sleep. Thanks again Beej;)

Archived