Entertainment on Explora

ScotBrit17

I am not a travel agent and really enjoyed my recent cruise with Explora, enough so to book an additional B2B.  We found our 16 days on Explora to be vastly superior to the 16 we recently spent on Oceania Vista.  We didn't use room service, but not having a tablecloth would not be an important enough reason for me to disparage a hard working room attendant.

Maybe the entertainment was initially poor, but we found it to be more than sufficient. 

Can't understand why Host Jazzbeau insists on putting in their two cents when they have not stepped on the ship. 

I am not disparaging room attendants. They are well meaning but not properly trained. Gave me a bread knife to cut fruit. No fruit knives on board. No proper management. Worst of all are high prices for top cabins when compared with others. And no walk in showers in many high end csbins. Management. Management. Management. 
I am willing to pay for high end services but not a budget line trying to masquerade as a luxury product. 

19 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

From the sublime to the ridiculous … who do you think you are…. me?

Those Toronto people…..

ps - I haven’t even HEARD of Emerald Ocean …. Is that like Irish ☘️ Spring?

Ok - just realized they’re part of Seen-it

I wanted to follow in your footsteps, but kept falling over!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 8:27 AM, ScotBrit17 said:

Thanks, I am sure you are correct and evening entertainment is so important to us so we will look elsewhere.

Can any of the group who are regular cruisers on other ultra luxury lines suggest an alternative for us.

Cunard and Regent offer great entertainment on an upscale ship. So do Silversea and Seabourn.

Do not reject Explora on the basis of poor entertainment reviews from the past. They have listened to the criticism and have revamped their approach to entertainment. I am on the ship right now and the resident singers and musicians are great. They have several guest performers scheduled. They run evening shows twice per night at 9:00 and 10:15; better than most other small cruise lines. The lecturers on board this trip are top notch.  So far, I am impressed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Like to know what lecturers. Thanks for the update. 

Sir Alan Collins. Retired British ambassador to lots of places. Talk on Winston Churchill and one on Queen Elizabeth II. Bothe very good.

Niki Sepsas. Series of port talks. First one this afternoon.

8 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Sir Alan Collins. Retired British ambassador to lots of places. Talk on Winston Churchill and one on Queen Elizabeth II. Bothe very good.

Niki Sepsas. Series of port talks. First one this afternoon

Both also speakers on Seabourn: 

https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/conversations/sir-alan-collins

https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/conversations/niki-sepsas

• Like 2