LIVE from Discovery Princess Mexican Riviera from LA 2/3-2/10 2024

sonomaphil

So the new app thinks I’m a child.  While my wife agrees, I’m locked out of ordering adult drinks via the app.  Front desk sent me to the medallion desk to fix it and they told me they’ve seen it quite often and had to submit tickets to app support.  

IMG_0412.png

Edited by Stosh68
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, nini said:

And will you love yourself in the morning?

21 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Got to make use of all the "perks" for the packages.  Doubt there is a single person in line who is going to shell out $12.99 for one of those sundaes.  On a longer cruise, the passengers are more spread out over the days.  

I'm a one and done.

One of the "fun" things about Cruise Critic is how people love to pile on and outdo each other with the haterade when there is something that is disliked, like the Princess Premium sundaes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

One of the "fun" things about Cruise Critic is how people love to pile on and outdo each other with the haterade when there is something that is disliked, like the Princess Premium sundaes.

I'm wondering if anybody has ever ordered one with the mini bottle of booze stuck in it as was shown in the original pics posted online. I haven't seen a picture posted by anybody showing they had ordered one that way and I wonder if that is really an option and, if so, if it is included in the price. I thought it seemed odd that they showed them with bottles of liquor stuck in the top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm wondering if anybody has ever ordered one with the mini bottle of booze stuck in it as was shown in the original pics posted online. I haven't seen a picture posted by anybody showing they had ordered one that way and I wonder if that is really an option and, if so, if it is included in the price. I thought it seemed odd that they showed them with bottles of liquor stuck in the top.

Don't tempt me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stosh68 said:

So the new app thinks I’m a child.  While my wife agrees, I’m locked out of ordering adult drinks via the app.  Front desk sent me to the medallion desk to fix it and they told me they’ve seen it quite often and had to submit tickets to app support.  

IMG_0412.png

The app shows my medallion as being white which indicates a first time Princess cruiser.  This is cruise 21 on Princess for me.  

5 hours ago, SmooshSmash said:

Thank you for the lovely TR and the pictures. Have you been around the retreat pool at deck 17? Do you know whether it is heated or not, or any of the pools for that matter?

Pool is heated, and the hot tubs are nice too!  Pool is not very deep, about 3 feet or so in the deep end. Not going to be swimming laps!  Hot tubs are above the pool on deck 18.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

While I didn't order another sundae I did see this behind the counter.  

PXL_20240205_223111627.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

Oh boy... My stomach turns just looking at it.😕

Neat looking at the pics....My sister  is on this ship with her husband in a mini suite....she in not very good with sending pics so can look at yours....lol.....apparently she is having trouble with her I phone and the esim for data....not very tech savy....told her to find some crew member that know the ins and outs of one of those apple phones.....lol......here in snowy Canada

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, nini said:

Oh boy... My stomach turns just looking at it.😕

Ours were delightful in November, with Amaretto. We shared them like two high schoolers on a date in the old days 🥰, so keep on hating...we'll keep on loving.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Ours were delightful in November, with Amaretto. We shared them like two high schoolers on a date in the old days 🥰, so keep on hating...we'll keep on loving.

The initial pics online had little airline bottles (like the ones you get in the mini bar) stuck into the top of the dessert. I was just wondering if that is actually a thing or if they quickly decided not to include those items.

image.png.d83eab05c2cb33469c2dbfd0c0984126.png

Edited by Thrak

29 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I never said the word hate... that is a very strong word. Preference is more accurate; especially when one's body has a gene that turns your body into a cholesterol factory, regardless of medications or herbs, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The initial pics online had little airline bottles (like the ones you get in the mini bar) stuck into the top of the dessert. I was just wondering if that is actually a thing or if they quickly decided not to include those items.

We didn't ask for ours with it; e had the Premier pckg and just brought our Amaretto with us...delightful💕

• Like 2

Just now, nini said:

I never said the word hate... that is a very strong word. Preference is more accurate; especially when one's body has a gene that turns your body into a cholesterol factory, regardless of medications or herbs, etc.

No, but sometimes, when a subject comes up, y'all seem to take joy in outdoing each other at insulting it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

No, but sometimes, when a subject comes up, y'all seem to take joy in outdoing each other at insulting it.

I am sorry you seem to have singled me out- I guess I am part of the famous "they" now.

I thought that we are supposed to share our thoughts on CC. Call me incorrect.

Edited by nini
  • Like 1

I didn't say anything about hating the premium desserts but I did disparage them and say I would never eat one. I dropped 40 lbs last year and then cruised 63 days without gaining even one pound back. There is no way I am going to eat one of those desserts and the idea of eating two of them every day is mind boggling.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We didn't ask for ours with it; e had the Premier pckg and just brought our Amaretto with us...delightful💕

My wife often orders ice cream for dessert in MDR and gets a glass of Amaretto as well. She then pours the Amaretto over the ice cream. It's quite good. I've tried it with Drambuie but it's not nearly as good as it sounded. I wonder if Cointreau would be good over ice cream. Perhaps I'll give that at try in April. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time to start the evening. The Take Five and a Manhattan at Take Five. For all you bourbon drinkers the best onboard is Russell's Reserve 10 so that's what's in my Manhattan. 

PXL_20240206_010434117~2.jpg

Edited by sonomaphil
  • Like 6