LIVE from Discovery Princess Mexican Riviera from LA 2/3-2/10 2024

sonomaphil

On 2/4/2024 at 10:10 AM, sonomaphil said:

Menu at The Catch by Rudi. 

PXL_20240204_175549614.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20240204_175624716.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Thanks for your "live from" thread. We'll be boarding Feb 24. My DH can't eat fish or seafood but I love it. I do see a filet on the menu and a Sherry Baby salad. If you go....or get a chance I'd love to know if there's anything else they could offer someone who can't eat fish/seafood. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 5:06 PM, Thrak said:

My wife often orders ice cream for dessert in MDR and gets a glass of Amaretto as well. She then pours the Amaretto over the ice cream. It's quite good. I've tried it with Drambuie but it's not nearly as good as it sounded. I wonder if Cointreau would be good over ice cream. Perhaps I'll give that at try in April. 😉

Creme de Menthe is also good over ice cream. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

I know it opens at 8 and closes at 5:30.  The morning shift is shorter than the afternoon shift but I don't remember the exact hours. Will try and confirm. 

Thank you for your time!!

6 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks for your "live from" thread. We'll be boarding Feb 24. My DH can't eat fish or seafood but I love it. I do see a filet on the menu and a Sherry Baby salad. If you go....or get a chance I'd love to know if there's anything else they could offer someone who can't eat fish/seafood. 

Sorry to hijack; but I was two tables away from Phil..yes; there is a steak on the menu. So if you don’t eat seafood you can at least eat something at Catch

• Like 4

12 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

Another table told the waiter in a snarky voice "We're ready for our dinner now".   

I could do without snark toward people that are working hard. But owning restaurants and seeing staff treated both kindly and snarky, will have an effect. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

What is the cost per day to book the Sanctuary?  TIA.

13 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

$40 for the whole day. They have half days for $20. 

And it's $30/pp/day if you book for the entire voyage.  Some folks do just that simply to have a guaranteed lounger whenever they want, even if they only use it for an hour a day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Sorry to hijack; but I was two tables away from Phil..yes; there is a steak on the menu. So if you don’t eat seafood you can at least eat something at Catch

I thought I read that steak frittes was available at the catch, but I didn’t see it on the menu. Is it an off menu item that you just request? Or, perhaps I’ve lost my mind and nobody ever suggested that menu item was available

1 minute ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I thought I read that steak frittes was available at the catch, but I didn’t see it on the menu. Is it an off menu item that you just request? Or, perhaps I’ve lost my mind and nobody ever suggested that menu item was available

Look at "Pouve Perfection" on the menu.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

@suzyluvs2cruise the Poivre Perfection is amazing.  I went to The Catch with my husband and daughter on the Sky in August.  They love fish and I don't, so the Poivre Perfection was an excellent choice for me.  I liked it so much I couldn't wait to go back to The Catch a second time that week.  Your DH would still have good options there!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

Don't be this person. Your cabin attendant will remove it for you or you can use the app to request removal. 

PXL_20240207_164116286.MP.jpg

And yet my takeaway is that you really post nice pictures, even of ugly things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

8 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

Look at "Pouve Perfection" on the menu.  

7 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

@suzyluvs2cruise the Poivre Perfection is amazing.  I went to The Catch with my husband and daughter on the Sky in August.  They love fish and I don't, so the Poivre Perfection was an excellent choice for me.  I liked it so much I couldn't wait to go back to The Catch a second time that week.  Your DH would still have good options there!

Thanks everyone.....will definitely check out suggested options....especially the Poivre Perfection. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

But you would have to pay $14.99 if you are standard fare. 

Not for removal, only delivery and this looks like the regular breakfast that is listed on the door hanger with no delivery fee. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

Don't be this person. Your cabin attendant will remove it for you or you can use the app to request removal. 

PXL_20240207_164116286.MP.jpg

This is tough if you’re not in a deluxe balcony or minisuite+…there’s no PLACE to keep this inside the room; so it HAS to go outside, unfortunately.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

This is tough if you’re not in a deluxe balcony or minisuite+…there’s no PLACE to keep this inside the room; so it HAS to go outside, unfortunately.

I think @sonomaphil is highlighting how easy a phone call or use of the app will get it picked up quickly. 

• Like 2