Mardi Gras running late back to Port Canaveral

1 minute ago, Gary1960 said:

And taking more time to turn around making it later. These extra minutes could be the difference between making a flight and missing it. 

If someone, foolishly, had a 10 AM flight........agreed!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gary1960 said:

And taking more time to turn around making it later. These extra minutes could be the difference between making a flight and missing it. 

Hopefully everyone was smart enough not to book a morning flight. Stuff happens all the time to make ships late coming back to port. We were on Celebration in December and Port of Miami was closed for several hours due to weather the day we returned. We didn't dock until after 1:00 pm and it was after 2:30 by the time we got off. People with even late afternoon flights missed those that day.

4 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Hopefully everyone was smart enough not to book a morning flight. Stuff happens all the time to make ships late coming back to port. We were on Celebration in December and Port of Miami was closed for several hours due to weather the day we returned. We didn't dock until after 1:00 pm and it was after 2:30 by the time we got off. People with even late afternoon flights missed those that day.

Fortunately, anyone with travel insurance and booked flights according to the cruise line times, will have expenses covered.  

• Like 2

I was on this past Mardi Gras cruise and we were alerted around 130pm on Friday that due to Medical Emergency we would be diverting to Nassau - arriving there at 6pm.  

We stayed in Nassau longer than I expected but the next announcement to us was around 8pm that we would arrive to Port Canaveral at 9am.  Friday evening we were all given letters to give to our airline in the event we had to make changes so we would not incur any change fees.  

I had a 1230pm flight which I know is cutting it close but with TSA pre check decided to take my chances keeping my flight plans.  It took 1hr to get clearance as they did not begin Diamond Self Debarkation until 10am but I was able to make it to my gate with time to spare.

I'm sure this wasn't the case for many as I know a couple I was sitting next to yesterday morning had kept their flight plans for a 1150am flight and may not have had the same luck I did making the original plans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1