Ponant Bonus

cluso

Advertising emails and the Ponant website list "Ponant Bonus" (a percentage off) for certain cruises.  So, are those percentages already taken off when you see "Starting at...." OR are they taken off when you actually book?

Thank you

Yes, the prices on the website and in the brochure show the discounted price.

https://us.ponant.com/frequently-asked-questions?_gl=1*1pfk0o4*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAiAiP2tBhBXEiwACslfnunedvPTAxXY8dGlNQUz9_EztJ3q5rOUQrpNjVJxhtZraNMHdAmRpBoC_L4QAvD_BwE

What is the PONANT Bonus?

The earlier you book, the more advantageous your rates will be thanks to the PONANT BONUS, a reduction of up to 30% on the price of your stateroom or suite. This promotion decreases as the cruise fills up. Find out more about the PONANT Bonus here.

Are the rates displayed on the site calculated based on the PONANT Bonus?

The rates displayed on the site are updated in real time according to the evolution of the PONANT Bonus.

• Like 2

I should mention that there are other discounts, such as for your first cruise, back-to-back cruises, etc.

Also, if you have loyalty status with another cruise line, Ponant offers status matching. 

https://us.ponant.com/benefit-from-the-status-match?_gl=1*18pzext*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAiAiP2tBhBXEiwACslfnunedvPTAxXY8dGlNQUz9_EztJ3q5rOUQrpNjVJxhtZraNMHdAmRpBoC_L4QAvD_BwE

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cboyle said:

I should mention that there are other discounts, such as for your first cruise, back-to-back cruises, etc.

Also, if you have loyalty status with another cruise line, Ponant offers status matching. 

https://us.ponant.com/benefit-from-the-status-match?_gl=1*18pzext*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAiAiP2tBhBXEiwACslfnunedvPTAxXY8dGlNQUz9_EztJ3q5rOUQrpNjVJxhtZraNMHdAmRpBoC_L4QAvD_BwE

Thank you,

This would be our first Ponant cruise and we are Elite + on Celebrity.  Looking to upgrade our experience and downsize the cruise size.

Also, once booked are you able to take advantage of any sales?

36 minutes ago, cluso said:

Thank you,

This would be our first Ponant cruise and we are Elite + on Celebrity.  Looking to upgrade our experience and downsize the cruise size.

Also, once booked are you able to take advantage of any sales?

As far as I can tell, Ponant does not have sales like Celebrity or Princess, where the price goes down as the ship fills up. On the contrary, the Bonus goes down and the price goes up as time goes on, so it is advantageous to book earlier rather than later. Not to mention that the ships often sell out.

They do have occasional sales (like the Holiday Sale) that offer an additional discount above the current Bonus. I do not think you could add that to an existing booking, but may have to rebook.

If you book a cruise while onboard, there is an additional 5% discount.

If you know someone who has cruised with Ponant, they can refer you; both you and they will get OBC. I believe it is the same amount as the New Guest OBC and that you can only claim one or the other.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cboyle said:

If you know someone who has cruised with Ponant, they can refer you; both you and they will get OBC. I believe it is the same amount as the New Guest OBC and that you can only claim one or the other.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your inputs, I am trying to get my ducks in line for a first time Ponant cruise.  So, there is Ponant Bonus, First time cruise, Status match (Celebrity Elite+) and personal referral from someone that has sailed Ponant.

Do you know which of these you can combine?

Is booking directly with Ponant a good deal?

I think you can only get the First Time Cruiser OR the Referral Bonus, but I think they are the same amount. I think all of the rest of them can combine, but you will have to ask to be sure. I am not an expert on this.

Another discount I have gotten is the wedding anniversary discount if you cruise in the year of your 5th,10th, etc. anniversary. I had to provide a copy of my marriage license.

I have a Ponant Personal Cruise Consultant who adds extra OBC. Some travel agents may kick back part of their commission if you use them. You need to shop around and ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with cboyle. 

You definitely can combine the status match with the Ponant bonus. In December, we told our Silversea friends (who have not sailed Ponant at all) about the status match and they used their Venetian Society status to get Grand Admiral status on Ponant. Then they booked their first cruise on the same ocean voyage that we're taking in October.

Their fare included the Ponant bonus as well as the status match discount. They got the OBC for Grand Admiral status, but no other credits. So they couldn't combine the New Cruiser benefit with the Grand Admiral discount (which would seem weird to do both), and neither of us could benefit from any referral credit. The latter was a little disappointing but oh well. We each had already received over $1000 in discounts and benefits for the cruise based on the status match so it's not a bad deal.

Depending on whom you ask at Ponant, you may get a slightly different answer.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2