Yeti or Stanley Cups to carry around

K_S

Second cruise ever, first NCL trip.  Staying in the Haven (so access to room and whatever drink/coffee service they have there). 

Just curious if Yeti or Stanley cups are allowed onboard and if so, can they be refilled--or do you get a different cup and transfer to your cup?  I'm pretty sure the coffee cups that they have in the dining rooms are too small and my wife will be filling a grande size refill in the cabin to start each day.

If you are in the Haven, ask your butler to bring you a carafe of coffee (drip or French press) to your stateroom in the mornings. These should be easy to pour into a large insulated cup in your cabin. You can also request milk/cream/etc to be stocked in your mini fridge.

You will also have a Nespresso machine in your cabin, but these brew very small cups of espresso and you would go through a ton of coffee pods trying to fill anything larger than 8 oz or so!

Outside of your cabin, you should be able to request French press coffee at breakfast in the Haven dining room or in whatever restaurant is designated for Haven breakfasts/lunches if you are sailing on one of the older ships where there isn't a proper Haven restaurant.

There are also coffee stations in the buffet and in certain lounge areas (depending on the ship), though these will require you to fill a different cup first before pouring into your insulated cup.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K_S said:

Thank you all.  Yes, we will be on the Joy, so it will have the restaurant proper.

The Joy also has the Horizon Lounge where you can find a fancy coffee machine that makes all sorts of espresso beverages.

Joy is great, you'll have the Haven restaurant for all 3 meals. You also have the large observation lounge in the front of the ship just for Haven guests - there is a self serve fancy coffee machine in there. Get your drink in a regular mug then transfer to your yeti.

Depending on what type of drink you're looking to get, the bartenders may be willing to fill it up for you. But if the bar is crowded, please don't be 'that' person who slows down the works for the rest of us thirsty alcoholics on board. 

If you're big coffee drinkers, just have a chat with your butler when you get on board. You can set a time each morning/afternoon/5x per day where they come and drop off a carafe or french press for you in the room. Rooms have the nespresso pod things - again, just tell them your preference for the regular or darker roast pods and they'll bring you 20 if you need them and wanted to do it yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elliotlake12 said:

Will bartender fill your yeti cup?

Or do you get drink, transfer it yourself?

We have never had an issue with any bartender on any ship (or land vacations) make the drink directly in our Yetis.  

We do use another cup to fill them at the buffet when getting coffee or water.   

• Like 1

I sometimes bring a Yeti mug for coffee in the morning, because it has a lid and I like to take a walk while drinking my coffee.

I've never asked any crew to make a drink in it—I wouldn't be comfortable doing so. 

One issue is cleaning it. Unless you bring some dish soap with you, you're going to be washing it out with hand soap.

• Like 3

Thanks for the responses. 

I'm not the type to carry a keg around with me.  I have had my Yeti for quite a while and it's only 32oz.  Like mentioned, I just like it because it has a lid and is a little more responsible than using up plastic or foam cup each time I want a drink.  I don't drink the contents in it all at once, so it's nice that I can sip on it for a few hours without the ice really melting.  I'll bring a little dish soap to wash things out.

My wife likes to have a couple of cups of coffee through the morning.  She works early and it helps her through her morning day.  Ha!  She just has the large coffee cup size (16oz?) which keeps things warm.

Edited by K_S