Number of available cabins vs. deckplan availability

When looking for a particular cabin, the booking site shows on deck 7 that 2 staterooms are available, but when I actually look at the deck plan I only see one stateroom that is bookable.  Is the other stateroom on hold?  Or is it just RCI's glitchy system.  

I also see sometimes cabins will appear and then disappear and then come back in a few hours.   Is that part of this "glitch"?  

image.thumb.png.c4947e688cd92902182a586b1efd173d.png

46 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Or is it just RCI's glitchy system.  

I also see sometimes cabins will appear and then disappear and then come back in a few hours.   Is that part of this "glitch"?  

Maybe. 
No, that is likely caused by someone putting a temporary hold on it. 
You should use some other TA site for a look at inventory. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe. 
No, that is likely caused by someone putting a temporary hold on it. 
You should use some other TA site for a look at inventory. 

Thanks!  I just checked a couple of TA websites and it looks like on their inventory it only shows 1 cabin rather than the "only 2" remaining on RCI's website.   

19 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Thanks!  I just checked a couple of TA websites and it looks like on their inventory it only shows 1 cabin rather than the "only 2" remaining on RCI's website.   

I've seen that multiple times on RCI's website.  I chalked it up to their infamous IT department 🙄

I've found the only way to see if a cabin is available is to call. Their web site is useless for booking yourself, or even through a TA. They often have the same glitches, but, at least, the TA has to hold for someone to answer, not you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I've found the only way to see if a cabin is available is to call. Their web site is useless for booking yourself, or even through a TA. They often have the same glitches, but, at least, the TA has to hold for someone to answer, not you.

I'm also wondering if perhaps the cabins that disappear and then appear again is somehow RCI adjusting the inventory to create "perceived" demand.   I've been watching the pricing on a particular cabin and when it disappears, I'm somewhat sad, then when it reappears, I'm happy again.   But not happy enough to pay the $$$. 🤣

There are definitely more rooms available than Royal shows. I was cruising once on Navigator and asked my TA about all the rooms that are on Deck 11 that RC never allows you to book yourself - how can I get one? He laughed and said he could do it, no problem, so I did a Deck 11 room that time. It was great! You may want to check with a TA if you're interested in a particular type of room since RC intentionally releases inventory in waves.

• Like 1