Another parking at San Pedro port?.

Hi

Even though we live in San Diego we always drive up the day before a cruise

Unfortunately for our cruise in October both the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree are already sold out!!

I was shocked to see that this far out!

I tried to find the location of t h e p asking garages at the port itself but couldn't see it on a map

Can anyone explain where it is in relation to where Princess docks??

Anyone have another idea??

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Hi

Even though we live in San Diego we always drive up the day before a cruise

Unfortunately for our cruise in October both the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree are already sold out!!

I was shocked to see that this far out!

I tried to find the location of t h e p asking garages at the port itself but couldn't see it on a map

Can anyone explain where it is in relation to where Princess docks??

Anyone have another idea??

It's not a garage at the port, it's a large parking lot. This photo on Google Maps even shows it with a Princess ship docked there:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Los+Angeles+World+Cruise+Center/@33.7422282,-118.2764699,706a,35y,39.28t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x80dd363f413c0f7d:0x556daba91fe62a7c!8m2!3d33.747599!4d-118.2770596!16s%2Fg%2F1t_hz913?authuser=0&entry=ttu

We live in the inland empire and drove into san pedro and just parked and kept the car there right across the driveway from the ship. They had tents set up for us to wait in line as we snaked our way in. 

It cost us approximately $120 for our car to stay there 7 days. When we got off the ship we walked a few yards and there was our car. It was a pleasant and easy no fuss experience. The lot is gated so there was no worries. 

We were onboard the princess discovery! I would do it again that way!

From san diego it would be the best way to do it! 

• Like 1

We made a point to leave our house at 7am and parked at 9am. We took our time and with that timing the previous passengers were vacating their parking spaces which had us right up front. Yes we waited, made sure all was in order. Everything in car taken out and nothing valuable in plain view. We walked across the driveway to the tent showed our medallion info and waited .Snaked to security medallion scans and waited in terminal for about an hour and on the ship by noon. 

Ship didn't depart until 4:00pm. 

The best part about leaving early was taking our time because we've never been to the cruiseport before and parking was amazing because of empty spots from the previous departing passengers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

@lahlah57

Thanks soo much for your posts!

You make it sound like a really good idea to just park at the port!

We are early risers so can certainly get there by 9ish

Thanks again

No need to be in a hurry and just expect to wait. Was no big deal to us. Easy Peasy!