Smoking in the Haven on Prima class ships

Is smoking permitted on the upper sun deck in the Haven on Prima class ships? My experience on the Bliss, Getaway and Breakaway smoking is allowed in the forward section of the Haven sun deck. The NCL FAQ on smoking says nothing about Prima class ships and I've gotten no help from the sales team at NCL.

Thanks,

Alexander

2 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

On Prima, the "smoking area" was four chairs around a central ashtray. It may be different now ( I sailed in late 2022). This tiny area was adjacent to a non-smoking area which made zero sense. 

Aren't all smoking areas adjacent to a non-smoking area?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the replies. This makes no sense since the main sundeck is on the deck below next to the pool. This upper deck is only accessible.by stairs and should be the Haven smoking area. I guess we won't be sailing on Prima class ships.

21 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

On Escape, Encore etc the smoking area is all the way forward and separated by a glass partition. On Prima, non-smoking loungers were literally adjacent to the four chairs in smoking with no partition. That was the case when I sailed Prima.

On 2/9/2024 at 9:32 AM, vacationerny said:

Thanks for the replies. This makes no sense since the main sundeck is on the deck below next to the pool. This upper deck is only accessible.by stairs and should be the Haven smoking area. I guess we won't be sailing on Prima class ships.

And the original post asked about the Haven.

So there should be smoking area elsewhere for those not in Haven, right?

On 2/9/2024 at 7:21 AM, MeHeartCruising said:

sadly too - second hand smoke is an issue 

• Like 1

Buddy of mine stayed in a 2 bedroom haven suite and told me the butler would usually come in the room and hold the ashtray for him while he sat and enjoyed a smoke inside the cabin. To me that seems a lil much to expect from your butler!! Now I think about this story it was in fact many years ago… 

this story seems more like a fantasy borne of your friend's desire to impress upon you how posh the haven is than anything that actually happened in real life.

NCL banned smoking on balconies in 2014 and in staterooms in 2011. the "haven" didn't exist (under that branding) till 2011, although some of the same concepts, rooms and amenities were available as early as 2005. so, smoking has never been allowed in a haven stateroom, although you could smoke in suites before 2011.

so, when did your friend sail? was it actually in "the haven?" or just a two bedroom suite?

and, perhaps most importantly:

can he explain how a butler would know that a cigarette was about to be smoked within a stateroom, so he could rush to the guest's side to hold his ashtray?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, UKstages said:

this story seems more like a fantasy borne of your friend's desire to impress upon you how posh the haven is than anything that actually happened in real life.

NCL banned smoking on balconies in 2014 and in staterooms in 2011. the "haven" didn't exist (under that branding) till 2011, although some of the same concepts, rooms and amenities were available as early as 2005. so, smoking has never been allowed in a haven stateroom, although you could smoke in suites before 2011.

so, when did your friend sail? was it actually in "the haven?" or just a two bedroom suite?

and, perhaps most importantly:

can he explain how a butler would know that a cigarette was about to be smoked within a stateroom, so he could rush to the guest's side to hold his ashtray?

I believe they were joking.

But some of the smoking areas on the ship could be unique. I did not know the small area by the Haven you could smoke.

Last year on the Escape they expanded the smoking area the bar above the pool was smoking. 

On the Bliss it was a tiny area one sided of the H20

who was joking? the person originally telling the tale or the poster recounting thatv tale on cruise critic?

as for the addition and expansion of smoking areas, it is puzzling and troubling. thats a lot of effort to go through to please 8% - 12% of your customers.