"Oslo for Food Lovers" and "A Taste of Stavanger"

FoggyEthan

Hey all! I'm trying to find comments for two food-based shore excursions. I couldn't find any posts about them.

Has anyone done Oslo for Food Lovers or A Taste of Stavanger? I'm really curious about how many people are on these excursions, and whether they also serve as a good city tour.

What you want to do in Stavanger is book the Pulpit Rock Cruise privately with Rodne. One third what Viking charges although you miss out on a waffle. Just thought I'd be the first to not answer your question 😀.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, duquephart said:

What you want to do in Stavanger is book the Pulpit Rock Cruise privately with Rodne. One third what Viking charges although you miss out on a waffle. Just thought I'd be the first to not answer your question 😀.

I'd thought you were talking about the "Private" pulpit rock cruise! Viking is offering a supposedly private option, $839pp, but they don't tell you how many people will share the private cruise with you. I've learned not to bother calling Viking to ask questions about shore excursions -- two separate people insisted they don't have any info beyond the listing. 

I've written down Rodne and will keep it as an option for us! We're considering it. Stavanger's excursions are a bit frustrating because they all seem to leave in the morning, so no opportunity to combine multiple excursions. At least for the options I was interested in.

Can we walk to Rodne's boat from our Viking ship?

1 hour ago, FoggyEthan said:

I'd thought you were talking about the "Private" pulpit rock cruise! Viking is offering a supposedly private option, $839pp, but they don't tell you how many people will share the private cruise with you. I've learned not to bother calling Viking to ask questions about shore excursions -- two separate people insisted they don't have any info beyond the listing. 

I've written down Rodne and will keep it as an option for us! We're considering it. Stavanger's excursions are a bit frustrating because they all seem to leave in the morning, so no opportunity to combine multiple excursions. At least for the options I was interested in.

Can we walk to Rodne's boat from our Viking ship?

East walk. There's not much to the town. The cruise is stunning.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:32 AM, duquephart said:

Thanks for this information!  We’ll be in Stavenger in June on the Homelands cruise and I will definitely look into this!