Tips And Tricks For Shows and Activities

tonyfall1

Hi All,

I'll be taking my first NCL cruise on the Breakaway on 2/18/2024. I see a lot of reviews saying that it is very difficult if not impossible to get into many shows and venues even in the main atrium. I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks you could share or shows and venues I should not miss. I have already reserved Burn the Floor, but I am not able to reserve any other shows.

The theatre doors open 30 minutes prior to each show.  Just be in line.  Theater seating is NOT assigned, just go in and find a seat.

For things in the Atrium, I go upstairs to the bar area of the Local and find a seat along the railing.

Try to be outside as you get ready to sail.  The ship will gently pull away from the pier, clear the ship in front of Her and make a very gentle "U" turn in the River sailing past downtown New Orleans on Her way down River to the Gulf of Mexico.  The trip down the Mississippi River about 8 hours.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

Hi All,

I'll be taking my first NCL cruise on the Breakaway on 2/18/2024. I see a lot of reviews saying that it is very difficult if not impossible to get into many shows and venues even in the main atrium. I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks you could share or shows and venues I should not miss. I have already reserved Burn the Floor, but I am not able to reserve any other shows.

For anything in Syd Norman’s people start living up outside up to 2 hours prior. You can go out on deck 8 and see in through the windows. They also pipe music outside. 

Comedy is the same but later in the week it doesn’t seem as busy. We came in 30 minutes prior and got decent seats.  

Theater had the best selection 30-45 minutes prior to the show. Our sailing had limited entertainment so crowds might have been heavier. Except Syd Norman’s, that’s always crazy. 

• Like 1