Le Voyage - Beyond

We are booked in an Aqua Class for our trip on Beyond in August.  We have been cruising with Royal for a while now, and have been buying the Ultimate Dining Package because the MDR's just seem to be going downhill.  Since we do have access to Blu, as well as the 4 MDR's on board, we want to do one of the specialty restaurants.  My wife is dying to go to a Michelin Star restaurant (I will be at one in Mendoza next week!! 🙂 )  So, if I were to book Le Voyage, there's three different options - A la carte dinner, a Tasting Menu and also the Chef's Table by Daniel Baloud.  My wife doesn't eat SO much, but I don't want to be stuck with just one option for an Entree.  Does anyone have any suggestions on which level to book???  Price is about $20 difference per option.

My DW and I have dined in Le Voyage three times including twice during our 11-night cruise last month. Each time we just pre-cruise reserved/paid for the standard menu. The "Tasting Menu" will be offered by your waiter before actually ordering any food items. I our case, we did not see a reason to upgrade to the Tasting Menu. Each person does order one main entrée, but that does not mean you cannot order more since we never asked, maybe you can. The service is outstanding so who knows what will be available if asked. 

As I remember, the main menu includes each of the entrees from the Tasting Menu. In all three of our visits my DW and I ordered different items so we had plenty of variety. The portion sizes are not large, more typical/standard size. However, there are a couple items that will be served to all that are not on the menu to fill in any gaps. One exception to the possible size issue is a chocolate-based dessert that is large and is great but extremely filling and rich.

One thing that was odd this time is that I ordered lamp chops one visit and there were two lamp chops on the plate and a couple other small items (cannot remember what they were). The next night in Luminae I had their "Rack of Lamb". The only major difference that I could see was that the "rack' had three chops vs. two the night before as just mentioned. Anyway, do not brother with the lamb IMO.

We have enjoyed each of our three dinners in Le Voyage and can recommend it. The service is outstanding (I always forget who our actual waiter was because we had so many folks stop by).

If you pre-cruise reserve/buy the price charged is the final price and no other charges unless you order special drinks. We always just ordered wine from our "drink package" so no extra costs there either. Really feels odd to have a great meal and outstanding service and not have to pay any extra as we were very kindly told that the dinner "was taken care of". You not even receive a receipt were you could add extra tip money if desired.

Enjoy your visit to Le Voyage and cruise.

Just off the Beyond, DW and I dined 3 times in Le Voyage and enjoyed our dining experience. We went off the regular menu. The menu is static, looking back 3 times on an 11 night cruise was 1 too many given the same menu, at least for us. Others might enjoy 4 nights to try all items on the menu.

The service was outstanding as one would expect from a Michelin Star restaurant.

Cheers