2025 far east / transatlantic from Barbados adults only ?

Hi - we prefer adults only itineraries/ships :

2025 - Looking at some of the far east and the transatlantic coming back from Barbados in April - website says these are adults only cruises - but they are not on explorer 2 which I thought was the only adults only itinerary ship - these are on voyager and discovery I think.

We have given up on explorer 2 as it’s too shabby now - but I didn’t realise other Marella ships have occasional adults only itineraries.

Has this always been the case and is it just for far east and transatlantic ?

Be grateful for any clarification as these cruises look excellent.

23 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

All repositioning cruises whatever ship have always and are adult only cruises

Thanks - I didn’t realise that.

Stupidly I have only ever looked at Marella Explorer 2 cruises -  so I have missed out on these.

Edited by paulatsea

We did that trip 2019 on Explorer and really enjoyed it,  three carribean islands then on to Cape Verde for two days, lots of sea days and then onto zebrugge and Southampton.

Ironically our cabin was on deck 9 opposite the kids club, not a peep.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your comments shipmates.

I wish they went to Southampton now - it would make things much easier.

Are the passengers on these cruises older or different to the ones on the usual Mediterranean type Marella cruises ?

The reason I ask is that we don’t like a too much noise and rowdiness !! I expect being adults only helps a lot ?

4 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Thanks for your comments shipmates.

I wish they went to Southampton now - it would make things much easier.

Are the passengers on these cruises older or different to the ones on the usual Mediterranean type Marella cruises ?

The reason I ask is that we don’t like a too much noise and rowdiness !! I expect being adults only helps a lot ?

Our trip disembarked At Southampton as it was the starting point for the” Around Britain” itinerary.

We flew from Birmingham so had to get a coach from Southampton back to Brum.

The passenger demographic was fifties plus I would say, ( lots of working age people can’t do the longer trips due to allowed holiday days) Certainly no rowdiness in our experience.

We think that they are value for money.  Lots of sea days which are for us very relaxing, Go for it.😉

Edited by Brummijam
  • Thanks 1

For 2024

Voyager is repositioning in April from Barbados to Palma in April - 17 nights

Discovery from Barbados to Marmaris in April - 18 nights or 25 nights

Explorer 2 from Jamaica to Palma in March - 17 nights or 24 nights

The Asia repo cruise is likely to suffer an itinerary change due to the Houthi attacks

Edited by howmuch!
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much - I’m looking at either 2025 or 2026 (special occasion job)- Marella customer service said they would let me know when then 2026 itineraries are released.

Originally I had definitely wanted to do the far east one - but due to the restrictions on vaping and carrying vapes via the airport at Singapore I’m not sure I can do it - pathetic I know ! If one of the Asia ones started at a place where I could get my IQOS vape onto the ship from the airport  I would do it - they are not allowed at Singapore Thailand , Australia and even India ! Perhaps things will change.

So the Barbados and transatlantic looks good - and also less long haul flying involved.

• Like 1