Senegal Missing from Queen Anne World Cruise Itinerary (2026)

portadown

I've just looked at the itinerary for the 2026 Queen Anne World Cruise on the Cunard UK site, and I see that Dakar, Senegal is missing from the itinerary -- though it's mentioned in the description of the trip.  Is it an oversight or has it not been included?

Edited by portadown
Missing words

2 hours ago, portadown said:

I've just looked at the itinerary for the 2026 Queen Anne World Cruise on the Cunard UK site, and I see that Dakar, Senegal is missing from the itinerary -- though it's mentioned in the description of the trip.  Is it an oversight or has it not been included?

My brochure clearly indicates Dakar as a port of call in the itinerary and map. I guess an oversight then...

Scan.jpg.f9b95f837f17a6a92f1fcbf1b05ca5ff.jpg

Scan1.jpg.3726f3d8f6571e1110399e609f91e496.jpg

Funnily enough, I was only saying to my wife over lunch, Dakar is the only port on a Cunard World Cruise that we've not visited. 

I think it's an oversight.

This year's Cape Town to Southampton sailing is 16 nights and omits Dakar.

The planned sailing in April 2026 is 18 nights so I think the extra port makes the voyage longer.

Dakar will be an interesting port for us although we would have preferred St Helena.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longton said:

I think it's an oversight.

This year's Cape Town to Southampton sailing is 16 nights and omits Dakar.

The planned sailing in April 2026 is 18 nights so I think the extra port makes the voyage longer.

Dakar will be an interesting port for us although we would have preferred St Helena.

I suspect its been removed, now 10 sea days after leaving Walvis  Bay

All I can contribute is that today's press release from Cunard titled "Cunard Announces New Voyages from September 2025 through January 2027" makes a point of mentioning Dakar. So if Dakar has been removed from Queen Annes 2026 world voyage itinerary, it's another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Good morning all. Just wondering if anyone can tell me please what the deposit would be for a sector of the world cruise on Queen Anne, in 2026? I’ve just booked our first Cunard cruise for later this year, a 5 day cruise, our very first Cunard cruise & very much looking forward to it. We are in Australia, if that makes any difference in regards to the deposit required. 🤔

Thank you for any assistance you can offer. 

Vicki. 😀

20 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

Good morning all. Just wondering if anyone can tell me please what the deposit would be for a sector of the world cruise on Queen Anne, in 2026? I’ve just booked our first Cunard cruise for later this year, a 5 day cruise, our very first Cunard cruise & very much looking forward to it. We are in Australia, if that makes any difference in regards to the deposit required. 🤔

Thank you for any assistance you can offer. 

Vicki. 😀

I'm unsure if it's different on the Cunard AU website, but here in the UK we are able to see the minimum deposit amount on the accomodation section of the voyage page.

If that doesn't show, a good "rule of thumb" is to take 15% of the cruise fare as the deposit amount.

717f3a0fa3e7df8d8480aeab.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MylesS said:

I'm unsure if it's different on the Cunard AU website, but here in the UK we are able to see the minimum deposit amount on the accomodation section of the voyage page.

If that doesn't show, a good "rule of thumb" is to take 15% of the cruise fare as the deposit amount.

717f3a0fa3e7df8d8480aeab.png

Thanks so much MylesS, I’ll have another look. The cruise we have booked was on a sale & the deposit was 5%, not that I ever thought it would be that low! Thanks again. 

Vicki. 😀

• Like 1