Air Provided by NCL

Has any couple, traveling together in the same cabin ever been assigned to different flights out of the same city?

We were confirmed on January 4, 2024, on the same flights, but about 3 weeks later we got an email from NCL that changed me to another flight, going and coming, at completely different times and carriers.  When I call NCL they tell me that they must have got a time change notification from the airlines - which makes no sense because they kept my partner on the original flights. I can get NO satisfaction with NCL - other than to say they are working on it (it has been 3 weeks). 

Does anyone have any idea why they would out of the blue change one traveler and not the other? Again we have the same record and, the same cabin, booked it on board together.

Anything you could share that could explain this unbelievable situation.

Fortunately, no we have not, and I can't answer your specific situation other than to say IMO NCL has one of the worst air programs.  While they often are inexpensive, they frequently are at inconvenient times, via connecting flights, and at the lowest cabin class, and will have itinerary changes that are not always caused by the carrier.

Your situation is unacceptable.  I would continue to press NCL for a correction, or at least to put you both together on the changed flight. If you booked through a TA they should be able to assist.

I realize it's too late in your case but for future reference, IMO, Princess and RCCL / Celebrity have very good programs of the mass market cruise lines that offer that service.  Otherwise I would book the air directly.

I hope you are able to find an acceptable solution with NCL with this.

Also as this specifically relates to NCL you may also want to post this on the NCL board for additional responses here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Thank you.  We have been traveling with NCL for over 16 years. I worked for a travel agency years ago so we usually book directly with NCL. Hate to start over with another line I am 72. Have been on 1 cruise a year for over 10 years.  I agree it is unacceptable - but what I hate more is the stupid answers as to how this happened. 

6 minutes ago, Pasodebbie said:

Thank you.  We have been traveling with NCL for over 16 years. I worked for a travel agency years ago so we usually book directly with NCL. Hate to start over with another line I am 72. Have been on 1 cruise a year for over 10 years.  I agree it is unacceptable - but what I hate more is the stupid answers as to how this happened. 

...and I wasn't trying to suggest changing lines, only pointing out who, IMO, has the better programs to consider.  As one formerly involved with the travel industry, has the NCL air program worked well in the past and is this your first negative experience?  I ask only as I want to compare opinions with my posted response.

Hopefully you will still find a successful resolution.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes it has been fine.  A couple of not the best routes - but for the savings we were fine with it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pasodebbie said:

As far as "how this happened", in my experience these days, nobody knows nothin'.  So there's no point in trying to get a real answer on "how" such a dumb thing happened.   With very few exceptions, I never let a cruiseline book air, hotel nights or extensions.  I would call the air desk, have them rebook you both on the same flight ... know exactly what's available and exactly what you want.  Have them do it while you're on the phone.  Get the confirmation numbers so you can ride herd on your res directly with the airline.