Fascinosa Information Please

Ibis

We are considering May 15 cruise from Marseille and would greatly appreciate any information other cruisers can give us about the current condition of this ship, quality of food, room service charges, drink prices, etc. We are veteran cruisers of Holland America, Cunard, Crystal, Oceania, and many other lines of various levels but this would be our first cruise on Costa. We are not very concerned about language being predominantly Italian, which we do not speak, but rather about the level of service and quality of food. All responses will be greatly appreciated!

I've been on Holland America and the old Crystal. HAL I rate as a floating mausoleum compared to Costa. Crystal I remember thinking at 11 PM one night "Could I literally hear a pin drop?"  If you like those ships, you probably won't like Costa. Cunard, maybe.

Hard to predict the future, everybody is cutting back. My last trip on Costa there were cutbacks in entertainment, which is what I choose Costa for, although it was still far superior to HAL or Crystal. My next cruise was a re-positioing through the Red Sea, just got cancelled, so I won't have reccent experience.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Thanks for your reply and so sorry about your Red Sea Cruise cancellation.  We would still love to hear about a recent experience if there is anyone out there:-) 

The Italians party late and loud lol. Multi generational family groups. Entertainment is visual in the theatres but lots of music everywhere. Dancing of all types depending on time of the evening and location. Food I love it. My husband not so much likes but not lives he would prefer simpler food( am taking him on O and I). The rest of the family love the food options too. 

I have sailed on 8 costs ships on a total of 14 cruises. Some with hubby. Some with mother. Some with my grown up kids and one glorious one on my own just after COVID when the ship had less than one third capacity of passengers on it...bliss

• Thanks 1