How to Mirror Device, connect via USB, Bluetooth Music, or HDMI on Equinox Feb 2024 (with pictures)

rakes5

Thanks to others that have posted how to connect their Roku.
I wanted to add pictures of the menus, as there is other functionality.

I brought a fire tablet, and it doesn’t allow for a direct USB connection, so I didn’t test that option, but included the screen picture for others to try.

The mirroring was very easy.

To use the Roku Stick, I plugged it into an available HDMI port (I used HDMI2) and the one USB port, for power, on the back of the TV. I had the premium WiFi package, and had already created an account.  I had to use my iPhone to complete the login, through the Roku Settings menu, and it kicked off my previously signed in device. 

On the remote, press the CC button, 

IMG_0003.thumb.jpeg.7b4f760faced2030a570dce16d1f463f.jpeg

you’ll see this screen. 

IMG_9993.thumb.jpeg.8177c79a72ac300ab4f6503f0c54a390.jpeg

then press the Menu Button on the remote, 

you’ll see this screen

IMG_9994.thumb.jpeg.11657a9877eb44beb439b62f4f35a704.jpeg

scroll down to support, 

you’ll see this screen 

IMG_9996.thumb.jpeg.9b04a30cbd66547212cd8ff5fb7e3715.jpeg

as my tablet wouldn’t directly connect via its USB port I didn’t try the Media Play Option.  

scroll down to source list, 

IMG_9995.thumb.jpeg.5f164dd2ea0b773ff1a7ff1ffd4db1ab.jpeg

You’ll see this screen. Note what item is checked, as you’ll later want to select this to go back to how the TV was originally set. 

IMG_9998.thumb.jpeg.852aa9c0a214dd58e80eba779a6af416.jpeg

and you can choose mirror (more info below), or Bluetooth Music (to play music to the TV), or HDMI as the source to view your Roku, or other streaming device.

if you choose mirror,

you’ll see this screen

IMG_9999.thumb.jpeg.e2aa76d67b2a3c50e5cbacdd52fc1efa.jpeg

This is what showed on my tablet. 

IMG_0001.thumb.jpeg.b0f26ecbd4674ccf08a1b0e69a1cac0e.jpeg

and when I selected the Samsung TV on my tablet, it mirrored my tablet to the TV,

IMG_0002.thumb.jpeg.bf8361d68bcd2d3fed1106a5cf430706.jpeg

and I was able to watch files downloaded on my tablet on the TV. 

when done repeat 

On the remote, press the CC button, 

then Menu Button, 

scroll down to support, 

scroll down to source list, 

and I selected the first item, as that was my original source, as noted above. 

I hope this helps others.

I’m actually saving a link to this post, for myself, for future Celebrity cruises. 

Edited by rakes5
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

• rakes5 changed the title to How to Mirror Device, connect via USB, Bluetooth Music, or HDMI on Equinox Feb 2024 (with pictures)

Thanks for the post.

From my experience the Mirroring capabilities were build around Android Devices and don't play well with Apple.    I've had a hard time mirroring using my iPhone and iPad but I have a Androoid Phone and it seems to work ok.

When on Apex they have a menu item on the main screen to Stream.    Instead of all the button pushing you just select the item and it has instructions to connect.     I was surprise to see that on Edge the option wasn't there.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:51 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the post.

From my experience the Mirroring capabilities were build around Android Devices and don't play well with Apple.    I've had a hard time mirroring using my iPhone and iPad but I have a Androoid Phone and it seems to work ok.

When on Apex they have a menu item on the main screen to Stream.    Instead of all the button pushing you just select the item and it has instructions to connect.     I was surprise to see that on Edge the option wasn't there.

No, Thank you for your previous post on this. That is where I got the remote instructions. I was a little unsure, but when I saw how easy it was, I decided to do this post,

13 hours ago, rakes5 said:

No, Thank you for your previous post on this. That is where I got the remote instructions. I was a little unsure, but when I saw how easy it was, I decided to do this post,

It's a great tutorial and many will find it helpful as I get many requests for the video.    My Butler taught me the trick a number of years ago.  

7 hours ago, FRMPEI said:

Thanks! Going to create screen captures of above and create a new note on my iPhone for upcoming  March Silhouette.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

New iPhone note created. Thanks!