Adjoining rooms on Encore or any Breakaway Class

2 hours ago, Frogger22 said:

Our connecting club balconies on bliss and encore were similar to what’s been explained. Make sure you keep both doors open if you want access to both rooms. My kid was “stuck” on one side when one door got closed but his key card didn’t open the other room from the outside.  You can get cards programmed for both rooms at guest services but we hadn’t done that yet. 

I’ve never heard of that with the keys, we always get connecting cabins and just get extras at guest services (since we always had to put one of us in each cabin on paper).

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never heard of that with the keys, we always get connecting cabins and just get extras at guest services (since we always had to put one of us in each cabin on paper).

Yes duplicate card would work too. He was 15 there alone with phone in other room! lol what did he do without his phone for an hour!

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2024 at 9:59 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Google searches are amazing things.

Well, now I'm annoyed.  When booking my Alaska cruise on this ship several months ago, I expressed my wish to have a cabin with the bed by the balcony.  I was assured that #13790 was set up this way.  But now seeing this video of #13788, I'm realizing that the bed is going to be by the closet.  Arrrrgh, so much for using a travel agent who spoke directly to NCL about this when booking.   I realize this is a 1st world problem, but I have only ever had a bed by the closet on 5 previous cruises and wanted the opposite.  Not to mention that the closet seems easier to access without the bed right next to it. I wish bed position info was available somewhere on line, but I searched all the cruise deck sites, including NCL's, and could never find it. 😞

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The video in post #24 shows 12788, not 13788

Right.....(it was a typo)  But wouldn't the bed placement be the same in cabin # 788, just one deck up?

Or am I wrong to assume that?

Edited by Lynnpins
typo

10 minutes ago, Lynnpins said:

But wouldn't the bed placement be the same in cabin # 788, just one deck up?

Or am I wrong to assume that?

Not necessarily. 

The decks don't always exactly match. For example 12784/12786 & 12788/12790 connect on deck 12 but 13786/13788 connect on deck 13. Also, 12788 is the 4th stateroom after the bump out while 13788 is the 5th stateroom after the bump out. 

What I suggest is to try to book 13790 with 4 people. Some MA category staterooms sleep 3 and some sleep 4. If it sleeps 4, the bed is near the balcony. The deck plan doesn't have the symbol for how many people it sleeps but if the PCC can put 4 people in there, you know where the bed is. If it only sleeps 3, the bed can be in either location but most "sleeps 3" balcony staterooms (standard and Club) on the side of the ship have the bed near the closet. 

13800 is bed near closet.

13796 is bed near closet. 

If that pattern remains consistent (it doesn't always) 13790 would be bed near balcony.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Not necessarily. 

The decks don't always exactly match. For example 12784/12786 & 12788/12790 connect on deck 12 but 13786/13788 connect on deck 13. Also, 12788 is the 4th stateroom after the bump out while 13788 is the 5th stateroom after the bump out. 

What I suggest is to try to book 13790 with 4 people. Some MA category staterooms sleep 3 and some sleep 4. If it sleeps 4, the bed is near the balcony. The deck plan doesn't have the symbol for how many people it sleeps but if the PCC can put 4 people in there, you know where the bed is. If it only sleeps 3, the bed can be in either location but most "sleeps 3" balcony staterooms (standard and Club) on the side of the ship have the bed near the closet. 

If that pattern remains consistent (it doesn't always) 13790 would be bed near balcony.   

Any idea why the bed configuration changes?  What's justification for bed by closet vs by the slider?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Any idea why the bed configuration changes?  What's justification for bed by closet vs by the slider?

The staterooms are kind of like Legos. One side is wider to fit the bed. The stateroom next door will be wider where the neighbor was narrower and narrower where the neighbor was wider. The patter alternates to get as many staterooms as possible for a given space. There are breaks in the pattern for wheelchair accessible staterooms, crew stuff, structural/functional behind the wall things (plumbing, HVAC, all that good stuff) etc. so the pattern can restart at different points. Some staterooms can be the same configuration but back to back and the pattern will branch off from there. Throw in different stateroom categories and there are even more anomalies.

It isn't always as simple as counting staterooms to guess the unknown configuration but without photos/videos to confirm, educated guesses are the best that we can do. The pull man bed being near the closet applies to the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus ships for standard side balcony/Club balcony staterooms so when those sleep 4, the bed is near the balcony. A similar "sleeps 3" won't have a pull man bed so there are some of those that also have the bed near the balcony but most will have the bed near the closet. Haven suites have different rules and configurations so ignore them when figuring out standard balcony and Club balcony configurations.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Not necessarily. 

13 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

THANKS Two Wheels, for sharing all of your knowledge and responding!  So hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when I board in May and find my bed by the balcony!

You have so much insight into the cabin layout and ship configuration.....is your knowledge gleaned from cruising often??  If so, lucky you!